2019-20 Men's Golf Roster
Hometown Mountainside, NJ
High School Oratory Preparatory School
SENIOR SEASON (2019-20) *Cut short due to Covid-19 in March
- Senior leadership paved the way for the record breaking four tournament title wins in five events and a top-10 national ranking.
- Played in four tournaments, spanning 10 rounds, averaging 73.1 strokes.
- Finished at 14-over par overall with a 211.67 strokes per tournament average.
- Captured his first career 54-hole tournament individual title after carding a 210 (-6) at the Colleton River Collegiate. Felitto fired off a final round 69 (-3) to best 89 other competitors.
- Earned four rounds under-par.
- Averaged 13.25 strokes behind the tournament leader.
- Finishes his career with the fifth lowest career stroke average in program history at 72.92 strokes/round.
- Produced four career top-10 finishes.
- Low career round of 64, with a career tournament low of 200.
JUNIOR SEASON (2018-19):
- Posted the third lowest strokes per round average on the team at 72.57. It also ranks eighth all-time.
- Played in 23 total rounds spanning eight tournaments.
- Produced a top-five showing when he finished third at the Fighting Irish Classic
- Broke the 54-hole program record with a 200 (-13) at the Fighting Irish Classic at the Warren Golf Course. Broke both the stroke and score low.
- Shot a seven-under par (64) in the first round of the Fighting Irish Classic, tying the lowest round in program history.
- Competed in the team lineup in five tournaments.
- 13 of his 14 rounds counted toward the team score aka 92.9 percent.
- Shot six rounds under par, including two in the 60s.
- Finished two-under par (214) at the Augusta Haskins Awards Invitational, good for 24th
- Averaged 71.42 strokes in the fall, finishing two-over par over 12 rounds.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2017-18):
- Top Irish Individual at Schenkel Invitational
- Best finishes: 10th at Schenkel Invitational (211, -5) // T-21st at K-State (214, -2) // T-11th at Clemson (220, +4) // T-19th at ACC Championships (210, -6)
- One top-10 finish // five in the top-25, including four in the spring
- Produced the lowest stroke average per round on the season at 72.05. It ranked second all-time in program history, only behind Max Scodro’s 71.25 in the 2011-12 season
- Shot +7 vs par on the year
- Low round of 69 (-3) on par-72
- Low 54-hole score of 210 (-6)
- Best spring stroke average on the team (71.25). Was -9 vs par during the spring
- Played in last four spring tournaments where he recorded four of his five top-25 place finishes. Also finished among the top-3 on the team in all four. Shot a round of 69 at each of the four as well – three of which came in the second round.
- Currently ranks second all-time in career stroke average at 73.08
FRESHMAN SEASON (2016-17):
- Played in seven tournaments for the Irish, including five as a part of the team lineup.
- Had one top-five finish and one top-25 finish.
- Finished first at the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (Sept. 3) in his collegiate debut, shooting a 135 (-7).
- The 135 set a school record for the best all-time 36-hole tournament score.
- Went 3-0 to help the Irish to the championship at the Yestingsmeier Match Play (Feb, 13-14).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Two-time United States Junior Amateur Qualifier in 2014 and 2015.
- 2014 New Jersey Qualifier for the Junior PGA Championship.
- Three-time New Jersey State Open Championship Qualifier from 2013-2015, and was the youngest qualifier in the field all three years.
- Ranked the No. 2 New Jersey player according to Golfweek.
- Has seven career top-ten finishes and ten top-25 finishes in AJGA events.
- Won the 2014 New Jersey State Division in 2014.
- Selected to the New Jersey PGA All-State First Team in 2014 and 2015.
- Medalist at the 2014 Junior PGA Championship Qualifier and the 2014 U.S. Junior Amateur Qualifier.
- Medalist at the 2014 Optimist International Golf Championship Qualifier.
- Tied for 25th in the 2014 Golfweek Junior International Invitational.
- Helped his team to a first-place finish while placing fourth individually at the 2015 Williamson Cup.
- Posted high finishes in several high school tournaments, including: the 2015 Peddie Invitational (First), the 2015 Conference Tournament (First), the 2015 State Sectional Tournament (First), the 2015 NJ Prep School Tournament (Second), the 2015 State Tournament (Division Champion, fifth overall), the 2014 State Sectional Tournament (Division Champion), and 2014 State Tournament (Division Champion).
- Ranked third in Oratory Preparatory School Class of 2016.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 54||Top Finish (Field)- Event|
|2016-17||9||19||9/14||1,410||74.21||65 (-6)||219 (+9)||1st (ND Kickoff Challenge)|
|2017-18||7||21||11/15||1,513||72.05||69 (-3)||210 (-6)||10th (Schenkel Invitational)|
|2018-19||8||23||13/14||1,669||72.57||64 (-7)||200 (-13)||3rd (Fighting Irish Classic)|
|2019-20||4||10||–||731||73.10||69 (-3)||210 (-6)||1st (Colleton River Collegiate)|
|Career||28||73||33/43||5,323||72.92||64 (-7)||200 (-13)||1st (Colleton River Collegiate)|