- Underwent successful surgery on Monday, December 9, 2019, on his left ACL. Expected to make a full recovery, with a projected return date to be announced.
- Scored five points off the bench against No. 3/4 Maryland (12/4/19) but suffered a knee injury in the game’s final minutes on a drive to the basket. An MRI conducted on December 5, 2019, revealed a left ACL injury and Carmody will miss the remainder of the 2019-20 season.
- Returned to the lineup against Toledo (11/21) but was sidelined after just five minutes after a hard foul under the basket and suffered a shoulder contusion.
- Did not play vs. Presbyterian as a precaution (concussion protocol).
- Came off the bench to score a career-high 13 points in the 2019-20 home opener against Robert Morris (11/9), giving him 24 points in the two Notre Dame home openers in which he has competed (11 points vs. UIC last year).
- Underwent successful left shoulder surgery on December 27, 2018, and is expected to be fully recovered for the team’s off-season workout schedule in the summer of 2019.
- An MRI conducted on December 14, 2018, revealed a partial labrum tear in his left shoulder that required season-ending surgery. Retains four years of eligibility by qualifying for a medical redshirt season.
- Became the first true freshman to start the first game of the season (vs. UIC 11/6/18) since Torin Francis in 2002-03.
- Sparked Notre Dame’s defensive effort in the victory over UIC, taking a charge in the first minute of the game. Finished with 11 points, four rebounds and two steals in his first action in an Irish uniform.
- Limited to three minutes against Illinois (11/27/18) with a shoulder injury suffered in the first half.
- 2018 Gatorade Pennsylvania Player of the Year
- 2018 Pennsylvania Mr. Basketball Finalist
- Led Mars Area to the 2018 WPIAL Class 5A title and finished as the overall state runner up.
- Played in the 2018 Capital Classic all-star game.
- Ranked No. 81 on the final ESPN Class of 2018 player rankings.
- 2018 TribLive (Tribune Review) Boys Basketball Player of the Year.
- Averaged 31.1 points, 14.1 rebounds, 4.3 steals and 1.6 blocks for Mars during his senior season.
- Finished his career at Mars Area with 2,390 points and 1,216 rebounds.
- Traveled to Italy in 2017 as part of a Junior International Tour.
- Son of Stephanie and Rob, along with brother Michael and sister Mackenzie.
- Brother, Michael, will join the Notre Dame football team as a freshman offensive lineman for the 2020-21 school year.
- Father, Rob has been the head coach at Mars Area for over 20 years and was the Pennsylvania 3A Coach of the Year in 2016.
- Boasted a 4.0 GPA at Mars Area and was a member of the National Honor Society.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.