2019-20 Men's Basketball Roster
#14 Nate Laszewski
Hometown Jupiter, FL
High School Northfield Mount Herman (MA)
- Finished sixth on the Notre Dame freshman-season list for both three point field goals made (44) and attempted (130).
- End-of-season momentum was cut short by an injury in the first round of the ACC tournament vs. Georgia Tech (3/12/19). Scored 14 points in the first half against the Yellow Jackets, but was undercut on a lay up, landed hard on his back and missed the rest of the game. Returned to start the next night against Louisville but was clearly affected by the injury.
- Exploded for a career-high 23 points, including 12 consecutive points to rally Notre Dame at Pittsburgh (3/9/19), cutting a 10-point Panther lead to two points in an eventual two-point loss. Connected on a career-best six three pointers, while pulling down seven rebounds.
- Back in double figure scoring against Virginia Tech (2/23/19) with 12 points on four-of-nine shooting.
- Scored just five points against Georgia Tech (2/10/19), but the points came at a key time in the first half with the Irish behind by nine points. Scored on a baseline dunk, then a three-point field goal to put the game back in reach.
- Broke out of a shooting slump at Georgia Tech (1/22/19) to score a career-high 19 points, shooting 4-for-9 from three-point range.
- In his first career start against Boston College (1/12/19), pulled down 10 key rebounds (first 10-rebound performance of his career) while playing a career-high 35 minutes.
- Joined Dane Goodwin and Prentiss Hubb in the starting lineup against Boston College (1/12/19) – becoming the first trio of true freshmen to start for the Irish since the 1999-2000 season and first trio of true freshman to win in a starting role since LaPhonso Ellis, Elmer Bennett and Keith Tower against Portland on January 9, 1989.
- Continued to be a consistent 3FG shooter off the bench at No. 10/10 Virginia Tech (1/1/19), shooting 5-of-9 from the field and 4-for-8 behind the arc to post 14 points.
- Logged 24 minutes against Jacksonville (12/20/18) with four three-point field goals.
- Hot shooting helped Notre Dame in the first half against DePaul (11/24/18), eventually finishing the game with 15 points on four-of-six shooting from three point range.
- Repeated his game one performance with a dozen points against Chicago State (11/8/18), shooting 3-for-6 from three-point range.
- Just missed posting a double-double in his Notre Dame debut, finishing with a team-high 12 points and nine rebounds in 19 minutes against UIC (11/6/18).
- Led Northfield Mount Herman (NMH) to a 31-4 record in 2018, capturing the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) Class AAA Championship and helped NMH earn its ninth consecutive invite to the National Prep Championship tournament – and its fourth trip to that tournament’s championship game.
- Set NMH records for points in a season (685), three-pointers in a season (132) and three-pointers in a career (265).
- Named MVP of the 2018 New England Championship tournament and earned all-NEPSAC first-team honors.
- Led NMH to the 2016 NEPSAC championship and was named the most valuable player of the championship game, scoring 26 points with 19 rebounds.
- Named NMH Athlete of the Year for the Class of 2018.
- Played for Avon High School in Avon, CT, early in his high school career, then shifted to Northfield Mount Hermon (NMH) in Gill, MA, for his sophomore and junior seasons.
- A first-team all-Connecticut selection at Avon in 2015.
- Helped his AAU team, the New England Playaz, to a runner-up finish at the 2017 Adidas Gauntlet.
- Played together with current teammate and classmate Chris Doherty on the New England Playaz.
- Ranked No. 51 on the final ESPN Class of 2018 player rankings.
- Won the 2018 American Family Insurance High School Three-Point Championship, held in San Antonio, Texas, on March 27, 2018.
- Son of Jay and Stacy Laszewski with sisters Abby and Emma.
- Father, Jay, played basketball at Wisconsin from 1982-86.
- Sister, Abby, is a junior on the Wisconsin women’s basketball team.
- The Laszewski family has lived in Belgium, Australia, Connecticut and Florida.
- Enrolled in the First Year of Studies.