2019-20 Men's Basketball Roster
#11 Juwan Durham
Hometown Tampa, FL
High School Tampa Prep
- Finished the season with 63 blocks, the fifth-best single season total in program history. His 2.33 blocks-per-game average finished second in the ACC (all games) and 19th in the NCAA.
- Logged a career-high 28 minutes in the ACC first-round victory over Georgia Tech with 12 points and four blocked shots.
- Recorded fifth start of the season at Florida State (2/25/19), grabbing four rebounds and blocking two shots in 24 minutes.
- Flashed a return to form in the second half at Miami (2/6/19), scoring eight points on four-of-six shooting.
- Returned to the lineup at Boston College (2/2/19) but showed some rust after missing five out of six games, going scoreless for the first time in his Notre Dame career in nine minutes. Will see an increase in playing time as the regular season winds down.
- Missed the NC State (1/19/19) and Georgia Tech (1/22/19) games to rest his injured ankle and could miss up to two weeks of action.
- Missed the Boston College game (1/12/19) due to injured ankle suffered at Virginia Tech (1/1/19) and aggravated against Syracuse (1/5/19).
- Limited by foul trouble (fouled out for the first time in his career) at No. 10/10 Virginia Tech (1/1/19) but set the tone with three blocked shots in the Hokies’ first five offensive possessions.
- Carded his first career start against Jacksonville (12/20/18) and continued to be a defensive force in the paint, blocking five shots with six rebounds in a Notre Dame career-high 22 minutes of action.
- Logged his first career double-double in an early-career best game against Binghamton (12/18/18) – posting 16 points and 12 rebounds (both career-bests).
- Continued his upward trend with a great game against Oklahoma (12/4/18) in Madison Square Garden for the Jimmy V Classic, shooting 7-of-8 from the field for 15 points and adding three more blocked shots.
- Sparked Notre Dame’s rally in the second half of the victory over Illinois (11/27/18) with 10 points and five blocks – all coming in the second half as Notre Dame erased a four-point deficit. The 10-point game was the first double-scoring game of Durham’s career.
- The sixth Notre Dame player in the Mike Brey era to block five or more shots in multiple games in the contest with Illinois, joining Bonzie Colson, Luke Harangody, Jordan Cornette, Ryan Humphrey and Torin Francis.
- Came off the bench to score an early-Notre Dame career high seven points against DePaul (11/24/18).
- Made an immediate impact on the defensive end in his first game in a Notre Dame uniform, blocking six shots in the season opener with UIC (11/6/18).
- The first Notre Dame player to block six shots since Jack Cooley against Evansville (11/10/2012). Six blocks also ties six other players for sixth-best in a single game of the Mike Brey era (2000-01 to present).
- Sat out the 2017-18 season due to NCAA transfer regulations.
FRESHMAN SEASON AT CONNECTICUT (2016-17)
- Played 28 games at Connecticut in 2016-17, averaging 8.3 minutes, 1.6 points and 1.5 rebounds per game.
- Played a season-high 25 minutes with three blocks against Chaminade in the Maui Invitational and posted a season-high eight points against USF (2/8/17).
- Averaged 22.9 points, 10.2 rebounds, and 4.7 blocks during his junior season before tearing the ACL in his right knee during a regional semifinal game in February.
- Did not play competitively from February, 2015, through the start of the 2016-17 college basketball season.
- Played three seasons at Tampa Prep under coach Joe Fenlon.
- Was the Florida 3A Player of the Year as a sophomore and junior.
- Played AAU ball for Team Breakdown Elite out of North Lauderdale, Florida.
- Prep recruiting service rankings – Rivals No. 47, ESPN No. 52 and Scout No. 85.
- Full name is Juwan Josiah Larry Durham.
- Son of Charisse Hargrett and Larry Durham.
- Has four younger sisters and a younger brother.
- Named to the Headmaster’s Honor Roll at Tampa Prep.
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters with a major in film, television and theatre.