2020-21 Football Roster
#14 Kyle Hamilton
Hometown Atlanta, GA
High School Marist School
HONORS & AWARDS
- Bednarik Award Watch List (2020)
- Pro Football Focus Preseason All-ACC First Team (2020)
- Phil Steele Preseason All-Independent First Team (2020)
- USA TODAY Preseason All-America Second Team (2020)
- The Athletic Freshman All-American (2019)
- Co-Defensive Newcomer of the year (Echoes 2019)
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2020)
- Started at S and marked seven tackles, the second-most for the Irish, in the season-opening win vs. Duke (9/12). Accounted for four tackles and a PBU on the opening drive for Duke. His QB hurry came in the second quarter, which forced an incomplete pass on a Duke third-and-seven.
- Did not participate vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Started and tied for the team lead in tackles with eight, adding one QB hit in the win vs. Florida State (10/10).
- Started in the win vs. Louisville (10/17) and posted five tackles and a crucial diving pass breakup on third-and-11 on Louisville’s opening drive to force a punt. In the fourth quarter, Hamilton posted tackles on consecutive plays, second-and-26 and third-and-17, to force a punt, ending what would be Louisville’s final drive of the game to secure an Irish win. Hamilton now averages 6.7 tackles per game, which ranks third among all ACC defensive backs.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2019)
- Played in all 13 games as a rookie, starting against Southern Cal
- Recorded four interceptions on the year, one of 50 players nationally and one of just four freshmen in FBS to record four or more interceptions
- Intercepted a New Mexico pass and returned it 34 yards for a TD on his first defensive snap in Notre Dame Stadium
- Recorded an interception in win over Virginia
- Followed with interceptions against Virginia Tech and Boston College
- Defended a pair of passes in season opener at Louisville
- Averaged 34.9 coverage snaps per reception per Pro Football Focus, 35th nationally among all safeties and second among freshmen
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
- No. 103 overall player nationally, No. 8 safety nationally and No. 10 player from Georgia by 247Sports.com
- No. 282 overall player nationally, No. 19 safety nationally and No. 32 player from Georgia by ESPN.com
- No. 97 overall player nationally, No. 8 safety nationally and No. 9 player from Georgia by Rivals.com
- 2018 American Family Insurance Defensive Player of the Year Finalist
- 2018 Atlanta Journal Constitution 7-AAAA First Team All-Region
- 2018 Atlanta Journal Constitution 7-AAAA Special Teams Player of the Year
- Chosen to participate in the 2019 All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas
- Played for coach Alan Chadwick at Marist School