2020-21 Baseball Roster
#26 Cameron Brown
Class Graduate Student
Hometown Lakewood, CO
High School D'Evelyn
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2019 Team Captain
SENIOR SEASON (2020)*
- Missed the season due to injury.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
- Made 14 starts and one relief appearance in his junior season with the Irish.
- Led the team with 89 strikeouts and ranked second with 78.0 innings pitched.
- Ranked seventh in strikeouts (59) and eighth in innings pitched (55.2) in conference games this season.
- Recorded his first career complete game in the home win over No. 19 Florida State (3/23-2).
- His complete game was the second of the season for the Irish and the most since the 2016 season (3).
- Also tallied a career-high 12 strikeouts in the win over the Seminoles.
- It was the most strikeouts by an Irish pitcher since Will Hudgins had 12 against Pitt in 2013.
- Totaled six or more strikeouts in 10 of his 14 starts this season.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018)
- Made his first career start on March 13 against Saint Joseph’s in the Snowbird Classic
- Struck out 43 batters in 58.0 innings pitched
- Set a career high with 8.0 innings of three-hit baseball versus Kent State on March 28, when he allowed one run and struck out a career-high seven
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017)
- Made 15 appearances during rookie season, totalling 21 innings with 15 strikeouts.
- Threw 4.1 innings in his collegiate debut against Saint Louis.
- Earned first collegiate win with four innings of shutout relief work in 2-1 victory over Michigan State.
- Earned three varsity letters in baseball, four in basketball and three in football at D’Evelyn
- Rated the No. 18 overall prospect in Colorado by Perfect Game, as well as the state’s No. 2 lefthanded pitcher
- Slotted as the No. 172 lefty nationally by Perfect Game
- Missed senior season of baseball due to injury
- Earned first team all-state and all-conference honors as a junior after posting a 0.59 ERA with a 6-0 record and 87 strikeouts in 47.2 innings, while hitting .435 with a homer and seven stolen bases
- Hit .308 as a sophomore with seven stolen bases while registering 14 strikeouts in 8.2 innings of work on the mound
- Played club for Slammers
- Named to all-tournament team at Perfect Game/Evoshield Upperclass Tournament
- Also a Perfect Game West Region Honorable Mention selection in 2016
- Was a second team all-state selection in football as a senior, while earning honorable mention all-conference honors during senior basketball season
- Born in Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Son of Robbie and Nicki Brown
- Has one sister, Molly
- Enrolled in the First Year of Studies