April 3, 2005

The University of Notre Dame softball team’s doubleheader at Villanova on Sunday has been postponed until Monday afternoon due to unplayable field conditions at the VU Softball Field.

The Villanova doubleheader is the second the Irish have seen postponed or cancelled this weekend due to the unplayable weather conditions on the east coast. The BIG EAST Conference opening doubleheader at Rutgers on Saturday was cancelled due to rain and the two teams have not yet finalized their plans for making up the two games.

The Notre Dame – Villanova doubleheader will be played on Monday afternoon at approximately 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. (those times have yet to be declared official).

Also, due to Notre Dame’s travel issues this weekend, the Irish have pushed back the starting time for their doubleheader vs. Eastern Michigan on Tuesday, April 5, to 4 p.m.