The Notre Dame softball team, winners in 13 of its last 16 games, travels to New York for a three-game ACC series at Syracuse this weekend. The Irish and Orange are scheduled to square-off at 4 p.m. Friday, 1 p.m. Saturday and Noon Sunday at the Skytop Softball Stadium. The first two games of the series can be seen on ACC Network Extra (via the ESPN app).
|Syracuse Series | Skytop Softball Stadium | Syracuse, NY|
|Friday, March 29||Notre Dame vs. Syracuse||4 p.m.||Live Stats||Watch|
|Saturday, March 30||Notre Dame vs. Syracuse||1 p.m.||Live Stats||Watch|
|Sunday, March 31||Notre Dame vs. Syracuse||Noon||Live Stats|
2019 Notes & Numbers
- The Irish have played 12 games this season against teams ranked in the top 25 or receiving votes, with seven games against top-10 opponents.
- Based on opponent winning percentage, Notre Dame has played the ninth-toughest schedule in the nation. The Irish opponents thus far have combined for a .638 winning percentage. LSU leads the nation in opponent winning percentage at .666 (as of March 26).
- Notre Dame has won 10 consecutive non-conference games. The Irish won two games at the Red Desert Classic before sweeping five contests at the FAU/FIU Parents’ Weekend Tournament, winning at FIU and at home against Western Michigan.
- Ali Wester’s 256 career hits rank third in the nation among active players, trailing only Oklahoma’s Sydney Romero (275) and Florida’s Amanda Lorenz (261).
- Ali Wester has struck out once every 24.8 at-bats this season, making her the second-toughest hitter in the ACC to strikeout. Donna Friedman of Virginia leads the league at 26.3 at-bats per strikeout (as of March 26).
- Cait Brooks ranks 11th in the nation and second in the ACC with 12 home runs this season. Brooks drilled a pair of homers in the Louisville series this past weekend. NC State’s Brigette Nordberg leads the conference with 13 round trippers (as of March 26).
- Cait Brooks ranks among the nation’s leaders in slugging percentage, as well, with a mark of .922. She ranks 13th in the nation and second in the ACC in the category (as of March 26).
- Cait Brooks earned ACC Co-Player of the Week honors on March 19 after hitting four homers with six RBI to go along with her .429 average on the week. Her two-run shot in the fourth inning helped power the Irish to a 7-4 win in game two of the series at No. 3 Florida State.
- During its nine-game spring break trip, Notre Dame had five players hit at least .360 during the stretch. Abby Sweet paced the group with a .500 average, while Cait Brooks hit .423 and Ali Wester posted a .419 average. Katie Marino (.370) and MK Bonamy (.360) rounded out the group.
- The Irish collected two weekly ACC honors on March 5 as Katie Marino was named Co-Player of the Week and Payton Tidd earned Co-Pitcher of the Week. Notre Dame went 2-0 at the Red Desert Classic with wins over Utah Valley (16-0) and No. 24 Baylor (14-1).