2019-20 Baseball Roster
#14 Zack Prajzner
Weight 195 lbs.
Hometown Carlsbad, CA
High School San Marcos HS
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2020)*
- Played and started all 13 games during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the year with a .306 average, 15 hits, 13 rus, two home runs and eight RBI.
- Ranked second on the team with 15 hits and tied for second with two home runs.
- Set career highs with three runs and three hits in the 13-5 win over Presbyterian.
- Set a career high with three RBI and hit his first home run of the season against UAB (2/15).
- His second home run of the season came in the 14-8 win over North Carolina to sweep the series.
- Tallied four multi-hit games on the season and scored at least one run in nine games.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
FRESHMAN SEASON (2019)
- Played in 43 games and made 30 starts in his freshman season for the Irish.
- Ranked second among freshman with 30 starts.
- Hit his first career home run and set a career high with two RBI in the road win over Pitt (4/21).
- Tallied a career high two hits against Incarnate Word (2/22), Pitt (4/20-2), Canisius (5/11-2) and Duke (5/21).
- Played summer ball with the Fond Du Lac Dock Spiders in the Northwoods League.
- Graduated from San Marcos High School in June of 2018 and intends to major in business.
- Was named two-time team captain and four-time All-Avocado East League in high school. Led his team to two CIF San Diego Section titles and two Avocado East League championships. Was named Avocado East League MVP as a junior and San Marcos High School Male Scholar Athlete of the Year as a senior.
- As a senior, hit .379 with a .984 fielding percentage, going 2-0 on the mound with a 2.27 ERA and 21 strikeouts.
- Played club baseball for San Diego Show and was named team captain and two-time Perfect Game MLK West Champions.
- Was a member of National Honor Society and volunteered with Roses for Our Senior Friends and the ChildFund.
- Zachary Christopher Prajzner is the son of Christopher and Beth Prajzner. Has one sister, Chloe.