2019-20 Baseball Roster
#40 Tommy Sheehan
Hometown Brielle, NJ
High School Manasquan
JUNIOR SEASON (2020)*
- Made four starts during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the year with a 2.70 ERA through a team-best 23.1 innings pitched, 3-0 record with 22 strikeouts, just five walks and a .202 opponent batting average.
- Allowed just one hit through seven innings and set a career high with nine strikeouts in the season-opening 4-2 win over UAB.
- Earned ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after his performance against UAB.
- Tallied his second quality start of the season after six innings of work and allowed just one run in the 12-1 win over Incarnate Word at the Alamo Irish Classic.
- Recorded his third win of the season after 6.1 innings of work in the 13-5 win over Presbyterian.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019)
- Was one of the most consistent starters for the Irish in his sophomore campaign.
- Led the team in wins (5), innings pitched (92.1), complete games (2), and tied for the team lead with 15 starts.
- Sheehan was the first Irish pitcher to record two complete games since Michael Hearne in the 2016 season.
- Sheehan tied for the ACC lead with two complete games on the year.
- The 92.1 innings were the most in a season since 2013 when Adam Norton tallied 116.1.
- First complete game came on the road in the series-opening win over No. 12 Clemson (3/15).
- Followed that up with a complete game in the home win over Virginia (4/5).
- Tallied a career high eight strikeouts over eight innings in the win over Eastern Michigan at the Irish Alamo Classic (2/21).
- Had nine starts that lasted six or more innings and six starts that lasted seven innings or longer.
- Played summer ball for the Falmouth Commodores in the Cape Cod League.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018)
- Started 14 games on the season, tied for the most by any Irish pitcher.
- Threw the team’s first quality start of 2018 and worked the (then) longest outing of any starter, going 6.0 IP and allowing two runs against Clemson.
- Made his collegiate debut and earned the win against No. 9 LSU, working 5.0 innings and allowing four runs on six hits with three walks and two strikeouts.
- Was the first Irish freshman to start and earn the win since Brandon Bielak picked up the win against Florida State in a 4-1 victory at Frank Eck Stadium in 2015.
- With catcher David LaManna, became the first freshmen pitcher and catcher duo to make the start since Patrick Veerkamp and Joe Hudson made the start against UIC on March 24, 2010.
- Earned four varsity letters in baseball and two in basketball from Manasquan
- As a junior was named First Team All-Shore after going 5-1 with an 0.78 ERA, 0.62 WHIP and 63 strikeouts over 45.0 IP
- Named to the All-Tournament Team in the WWBA Freshman World Championship in 2013 as a member of Tri-State Arsenal
- Ranked the No. 13 overall prospect in New Jersey by Perfect Game
- Hails from Brielle, N.J.
- Son of Anne and Jack Sheehan
- Father, Jack, played basketball at Massachusetts
- Has one sibling, Jack, who is on the baseball team and will graduate from Notre Dame in 2020