2018-19 Men's Soccer Roster
#21 Thomas Ueland
Weight 158 lbs.
Hometown Lexington, KY
High School Henry Clay
CAREER AWARDS & HONORS:
- 2018 First Team Academic All-American presented by CoSIDA
- 2018 Second Team All-ACC
- Four-time ACC Academic Honor Roll recipient
AS A SENIOR (2018):
- Earned 16 starts at the forward position and played in all 21 matches.
- Tied for the team lead in goals scored with six and added one assist to total 13 points.
- Bagged the game-winning goals against Xavier and at Pitt.
- The goal at Pitt came in the 85th minute to give the Irish the 1-0 win in the regular-season finale.
AS A JUNIOR (2017):
- Appeared in 16 matches with 13 starts on the season.
- Notched two goals and two assists for a total of six points on the year.
- Scored the only goal for the Irish in a 1-1 draw with No. 10 Virginia.
- Registered an assist in Notre Dame’s 2-1 victory at North Carolina in the ACC Championship quarterfinal.
- Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016):
- Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
- Appeared in 17 matches (five starts) during sophomore season as a result of injury.
- Scored two goals and added one assist from the Irish midfield.
- Scored a pair of goals for Notre Dame in a 5-0 win against No. 22 California to close out the adidas/IU Credit Union Classic.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015):
- ACC Academic Honor Roll recipient.
- Key reserve in all 22 matches of debut season on the Notre Dame attack – only Irish freshman to see official game action in 2015.
- Tallied four goals over the course of the season, including two game-winning goals.
- Scored his first career goal, which was also the game-winning and lone goal, during a 1-0 Irish win in double overtime at No. 14 Indiana.
- Added a goal in the 44th minute of the 4-0 defeat at Michigan State.
- Recorded the only Notre Dame goal in a 1-1 home draw against Michigan.
- Tallied the game-winning and lone goal in a 1-0 victory in the semifinals of the ACC Championship in front of 5,000 fans at No. 1 Wake Forest.
- Attempted a career-high three shots, with two finding goal, during the NCAA Championship Round of 32 against Tulsa at Alumni Stadium.
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA:
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) All-American as a senior.
- Named NSCAA Kentucky Player of the Year as a senior in addition to earning all-region honors.
- Compiled 35 goals and 39 assists during his high school career.
- Competed in the adidas High School All-American Game.
- Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) First Team All-State as a junior and senior.
- Henry Clay team MVP and team captain as a junior and senior.
- Henry Clay Student Athlete of the Month for September of 2014.
- Kentucky Youth Soccer Association (KYSA) Boys Player of the Year as a junior.
- KHSAA First Team Academic All-State on three occasions.
- Scholastic Ball Report Student-Athlete of the Month for October of 2013.
- Did not play during his sophomore year due to a season-long injury.
- Henry Clay team was KHSAA state semifinalist during his freshman season and he was named to the KHSAA All-Tournament Team and the Bourbon County Colonel Classic All-Tournament Team.
- Henry Clay Most Outstanding Offensive Player as a freshman.
- Competed with Lexington FC 97 White Premier from 2005-14 and was a team captain every year.
- Region 2 Championship finalist in 2011 and 2014.
- Seven-time Kentucky Youth Soccer Association (KYSA) state champion.
- Olympic Development Program (ODP) Region 2 Team and ODP national pool player.
- Member of the National Honor Society, Equity in Advanced Placement, Beta Club and Economics Club.
- Also a member of the Catholic Action Center and Mentoring Project.
- Son of Frederick and Michaela Ueland.
- Has one older brother, Walker, and an older sister, Emma, along with two younger sisters, Sara and Elizabeth.
- Father, Frederick, and uncle, Craig Ueland, played soccer at Stanford University.
- Uncle, Hal Ueland, played soccer at Pacific Lutheran University and another uncle, Carl Ueland, was on the Gonzaga University soccer team.
- Born in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Enrolled in the College of Science, majoring in biological sciences.