FRESHMAN SEASON (2018-19):
- Averaged 73.58 strokes over 26 rounds spanning nine tournaments – seven of which were a part of the official team roster.
- Led the Irish at The Prestige with a 219 (+6), 24th place showing.
- Posted three top-25 finishes.
- Best finish was a 15th place showing at the Badger Invitational with a 216 (+1).
- Shot a low round of 68 twice – at The Fighting Irish Classic and Augusta Haskins Awards Invitational.
- Shot a tournament low of 214 (-2) at the Augusta Invitational as well.
- 13 of his 20 rounds counted toward the team score.
- Shot five rounds under-par and three at even-par.
- Attended Discovery College
- Played 11 years under Coach Mark Mossip
- Named MVP Golfer and Sportsman of the Year at Discovery College in 2017
- Has displayed continuous growth, improving his stroke average every year: 80.7 in 2014, 76.2 in 2015, 73.6 in 2016 and 71.7 in 2017.
- Earned the Outstanding Effort & Achievement Award from 2014-17
- Garnered the ‘Balanced’ IB Learner Profile Award in 2017
Notable Prep Tournaments:
- Earned his first victory at the 2016 Hong Kong Junior Open, then later secured his first professional win at the Hong Kong PGA Order of Merit Leg 1, becoming the first amateur to win the event
- Also picked up tournament championships over the past year at the Hong Kong Junior Close, Truevisions International, the Jack Nicklaus Junior and the ISSFHK.
- Qualified for the 2017 UBS Hong Kong Open
- Competed at the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championships in New Zealand & Malaysia
- Won the Mason Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship
- Born & raised in Hong Kong
- Son of Yoko Kikuchi and Victor Kho
- Has two older sisters
- Enjoys golfing and spending time with family and friends
- Favorite athlete is Tiger Woods
- One thing nobody knows about him: loves watching films that are obscure in a sense that makes you think for a few days until you can fully grasp and embrace the visuals as an expression of emotion.
Coach Handrigan on Kho:
“Taichi has already proven he is a great player. He has what it takes to be highly successful in college and it’s up to Coach Gump and I to take his game to the next level. Taichi is an exceptional person and will represent Notre Dame with class.”
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Counted||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish – Event|
|2018-19||9||26||13/20||1,913||73.58||68 (-4)||145 (+1)||214 (-2)||15th (Badger Invitational)|
|Career||9||26||13/20||1,913||73.58||68 (-4)||145 (+1)||214 (-2)||
15th (Badger Invitational)