2016-17 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#16 Sergio Perkovic
Weight 225 lbs.
Hometown Bloomfield Hills, MI
High School Brother Rice
CAREER AWARDS, HONORS & RANKINGS
- Three-Time First Team USILA All-American (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Three-Time All-ACC selection (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Three-time ACC All-Academic Team recipient
- 2017 Inside Lacrosse Second Team All-American
- 2017 Team Captain
- 2017 Senior CLASS Award Finalist
- 2017 Tewaaraton Award Nominee
- 2017 Honorary ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Recipient
- 2017 Inside Lacrosse Preseason All-American (1st Team)
- 2017 Preseason All-ACC Team
- Five-time ACC Offensive Player of the Week
- Finished career ranked sixth in program history for career goals (111) and 12th in points (134)
- Most goals by a midfielder in program history
AS A SENIOR (2017)
- Started 14 games in his fourth and final season in a midfield position
- Ranked third on the team in goals with 23
- Added a career-high nine assists on the season
- Posted a career-high six goals, including the game winner with under 30 seconds left, in the win over Marquette (4/11)
- Recorded four hat tricks in his senior campaign
- Finished the season with six multi-goal performances
- Became the seventh player in Notre Dame history to reach the 100-goal milestone, scoring against Duke (4/8)
AS A JUNIOR (2016)
- Served on the NCAA Competition Oversight Committee as the lone student representative.
- Started all 15 games for the Irish, finishing with 26 goals, four assists, 14 ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- Ranked third on the team in goals (26) and fourth in points (30).
- Notched three or more goals in six games.
- Scored a season-high four goals on three occasions against Georgetown (2/20), Detroit (2/27) and UNC (4/23).
- Also scored three goals against Virginia (3/19) and twice against Duke (4/10 & 4/29).
- Scored the game-tying goal in regulation with 23 seconds remaining before scoring the game winning overtime goal against Virginia (3/19).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015)
- Started all 15 games for the Irish
- Finished as the team’s third-leading scorer
- Netted a team-high 34 goals
- Dished off seven assists
- Recorded 22 ground balls
- Earned a spot on the NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship All-Tournament Team for the second straight year
- Tallied six hat tricks
- Scored 10 goals and dished off one assist in Notre Dame’s three games during its NCAA tournament run
- Scored at least two goals in 11 contests
- Earned his second monogram.
AS A FRESHMAN (2014)
- Registered a stellar rookie campaign for the Fighting Irish, ranking fourth on the team in goals (28) and points (33)
- The 28 goals were the most ever for a Notre Dame freshman midfielder
- His 10 man-up goals were tied for the team lead
- Posted nine multiple-goal games
- Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
- Netted two man-up goals, including the game winner, in the 11-10 come-from-behind victory at North Carolina in the ACC opener
- Scored for four goals and added one assist in the 15-5 victory over Robert Morris
- Scored two goals in four straight games beginning with the 15-14 besting of Syracuse in the title game of the ACC Championship
- Notched two goals in the 13-5 win over Harvard in the first round of the NCAA Championship
- Posted two goals versus Albany in Notre Dame’s 14-13 overtime triumph in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championship
- Exploded for a season-high five goals in the 11-9 setback to Duke in the national title game, with all five tallies coming in the second half, including three fourth-quarter goals, as Notre Dame nearly completed an impressive comeback
- Selected to the NCAA All-Tournament Team
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Earned All-America honors as a junior and senior
- No. 58 overall and the No. 20 midfielder in the Inside Lacrosse Power 100 Freshmen
- Four-year varsity player at Brother Rice and captained the team as a junior and senior
- Helped Brother Rice win four state titles
- Michigan player of the year as a junior and senior
- Midwest Scholastic Lacrosse Coaches Association Player of the Year as a senior
- Was the North regional recipient of the Bob Scott Award, which is given annually to seniors who truly honors lacrosse, is invested in the development of the game in his community, is an exceptional player who continually strives to improve his game, and is an exemplary member of his team
- Three-year varsity football player at Brother Rice and captained the team as a senior
- Football squad won state titles during his junior and senior seasons
- First Team All-State in football
- Son of Vasko and Kristina Perkovic
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business as a finance major