#6 Sean MacLeod
AS A SENIOR (2018):
- Played in all 21 matches while earning a career-high 14 starts at the forward position for the Irish.
- Finished the season tied for third in points with 11 off four goals and three assists.
- Scored the first goal of his career against Northwestern in the 4-0 victory.
- Found the back of the net in four straight games (10/2-10/16), helping the Irish go 3-1 in the stretch.
- Converted both of his penalty kicks from the spot, sending the Irish to wins over No. 6 Louisville and No. 18 Michigan.
AS A JUNIOR (2017):
• Appeared in 11 matches on the season.
• Recorded his first career point with an assist against Northwestern.
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016):
• Tabbed to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Saw action in first two career matches.
• Entered as a substitute against UC Irvine at the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament and No. 22 California at the adidas/IU Credit Union Classic.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015):
• Did not play in a match.
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA:
• Has dual-citizenship with Scotland and the USA.
• A four-year starter for his high school squad and two-time team captain.
• Led the team in assists all four seasons.
• As a senior, helped team to Senior Ayrshire Regional and the team currently is in the national championship quarterfinals.
• As a junior, his team was an Ayrshire Regional quarterfinalist.
• Tallied all seven goals in 7-0 victory over rival school.
• Scotland Youth U15 national team trials as a sophomore.
• Team was runner-up in the Ayrshire Regional Championships during his freshman campaign.
• Played club soccer for Glasgow Rangers FC, Aberdeen FC and Stenhousemuir FC.
• Glasgow Rangers FC player of the tournament in Rehau, Germany in 2009 in addition to being the team’s vice captain.
• Led Rangers FC in assists in three consecutive seasons and in three European pro-youth tournaments, which took place in France, Germany and Italy against the likes of Bayern Munich, Marseilles, Florentine, Everton, Arsenal, Porto, Lokomotiv Moskow and Lyon.
• Man of the match and winning-goal scorer for Rangers against the All-American Olympic Development Team.
• Stenhousemuir FC team captain and led the team in assists.
• Invited to play and had trials for Everton FC and played against West Bromwich Albion in a 4-3 win.
• Won man of the match for Rangers against Bayern Munich in Germany.
• Scored on three free kicks for Rangers against Falkirk FC.
• Also competed in tennis in high school.
• Troon Lawn Tennis Club’s men’s doubles champion as a junior.
• As a sophomore, won the Troon Lawn Tennis Club U18 singles title along with being the U18 doubles champion.
• Won the Troon Lawn Tennis Club U14 doubles title as a freshman.
• Son of Andrew and Jacqueline MacLeod.
• Has two older brothers, Ryan and Liam.
• Grandfather was a professional soccer player and later was the manager of the Scotland National Team that competed in the 1978 World Cup in Argentina – that squad included Notre Dame head coach Bobby Clark.
• Attended Notre Dame Soccer Camp in 2014 and was an all-star selection.
• Plays the piano and ukulele.
• Born in Irvine, Scotland.
• Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters as a film, television and theatre major.
MacLeod’s Career Statistics