#2 Sarah Genz
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2018 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A SOPHOMORE (2019):
- finished up with the season of twelve hits and 10 RBI in this season.
- Earned 2 HR’s for the Irish
- Helped contribute a HR to the Irish over Western Michigan 11-4 (March. 27).
- Collected 4 RBI against Virginia (April. 19).
AS A FRESHMAN (2018):
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Played in 15 games during freshman season, earning two starts at catcher.
• Finished with two hits, including a double, and three RBI in limited at-bats during the year.
• Made collegiate debut as a pinch hitter against Saint Mary’s (Feb. 9).
• Drew a walk as a pinch hitter later in the opening weekend against Fresno State (Feb. 11).
• Picked up first career hit, a pinch-hit RBI single, in a win over St. John’s (Feb. 24).
• Worked a bases-loaded walk to nab an RBI as a pinch hitter against Robert Morris (March 4).
• Connected on an RBI double during a five-inning Irish rout in game one at NC State (March 10).
• Made first career start at catcher in midweek action against Northwestern (April 18), and was part of the starting battery in the first game of an ACC series at Boston College (April 20).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Ranked 81st in the FloSoftball 2017 Hot 100 rankings.
• Missed senior season at Lakeville North High School due to injury.
• Won the Silver Bat Award and was an all-conference selection in first season playing for Lakeville North as a junior, finishing the year with a .519 batting average.
• Most recently competed with Lady Lightning Gold Midwest on the club circuit, placing ninth at 2016 PGF Nationals.
• Also spent time with the Minnesota Renegades ’98 club team, and batted over. 560 with the Renegades during PGF 16U Nationals in 2015.
• National Merit semifinalist, and received the gold medal on the National Latin Exam.
• Daughter of Tom and Dani Genz and has two brothers, Jeremy and Matthew.
• Father, Tom, played hockey and tennis at U.S. International University.
• Mother, Dani, played basketball and tennis at Carleton College.
• Will become the third Minnesota resident to suit up for Notre Dame in program history (Meghan Murray, Minnetonka, 1994-97; Trish Sorenson, Spring Park, 1994).
• Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters as a double major in Arabic and psychology.