Free / Fly
AS A SENIOR (2019-2020)
- Participated in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:58.35) in the win against Iowa and Illinois.
- Participated in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:57.14). Participated in the 100-yard Freestyle (54.65) in the win against No.25 Northwestern.
- Participated in the 500-yard Freestyle (5:06.85). Participated in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:54.99). Participated in the 100-yard Freestyle (53.87) in the Shamrock Invitational.
- Participated in the 500-yard Freestyle (5:15.04) in the win against Michigan State, Ball State, and Indiana State.
- Placed first in the 400-yard Freestyle Relay with Madison Potter, Kelly Jacob, and Katie Smith (3:28.88). Participated in the 500-yard Freestyle (5:05.65). Participated in the 400-yard Medley Relay with Claire Deselm, Meaghan Lyons, and Tegan Sweeney (4:00.87). Participated in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:55.35). Participated in the 100-yard Freestyle (53.61) in the Ohio State Winter Invite.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18):
• Had a solid dual meet with Georgia Tech, placing third in the 1000 freestyle (10:20.50) and fourth in the 500 freestyle (5:06.73).
• Finished third in the 1000 freestyle (10:23.35) against Ball State and Green Bay.
• Took fifth in both the 200 freestyle (1:51.78) and the 1650 freestyle (17:14.20) at the Ohio State Winter Invite.
• Ended the season with second-place finishes in both the 200 freestyle (1:51.65) and the 500 freestyle (5:00.22) at the Boiler-Make-It Invitational.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17):
• Competed in nine meets on the season.
• Placed fourth in the 1000 freestyle (10:50.25).
• Won her first collegiate race in the 200 freestyle (1:53.12) against IUPUI and Indiana State.
• At the Ohio State Winter Invite, placed fifth in the 200 freestyle (1:50.27), sixth in the 500 freestyle (4:54.46), and fifth in the 1650 freestyle (17:04.05) while posting career best times in each event.
PREP & PERSONAL:
• Graduated from Air Academy High School in USAFA, CO the Spring of 2016.
• Lettered all four years in swimming and one year in track and field.
• Named to the CHSAA Academic All-State.
• Placed 21st in the 200 freestyle and 20th in the 100 butterfly at the Colorado State Championship Qualifier her freshman season.
• Snagged a 10th-place finish in the 200 Medley Relay, 11th in the 200 freestyle, 11th in the 100 butterfly, and sixth in the 400 freestyle relay at the Colorado State Championships as a sophomore.
• Broke school record in the 400 freestyle with a time 3:44.31.
• Named a Pikes Peak Athletic Conference Honorable Mention as a junior and senior.
• Named team Most Valuable Player as a junior and a senior.
• Honored to the Pikes Peak Athletic Conference First Team.
• Placed third in the 200 freestyle, 500 freestyle, and the 400 freestyle relay at the Colorado State Championships her junior season.
• Helped the 400 freestyle relay team to a school record with a time of 3:40.26.
• Also helped team to highest finish in school history by placing sixth.
• Placed third in the 200 freestyle and 500 freestyle at the Colorado State Championships.
• Assisted her teammates to a third-place finish in the 400 freestyle relay and 10th in the 200 freestyle relay at the Colorado State Championships as a senior.
• Re-broke both the 200 and 500 freestyle school records.
• Individual champion in women’s swimming her senior season.
• Swam for the Colorado Springs Swim team.
• Team was named a Bronze Medal Club.
• Vice President of the National Honor Society.
• Member of the Girl Scouts of America.
• Letter winner for the chemistry club.
• Was a team A-Team Leader with Link Crew for Freshman Orientation.
• Three-time academic letterwinner.
• Recipient of the United States Marine Corps Scholastic Excellence Award.
• Full name Samantha Reed Steigerwald.
• Born in Colorado Springs, Colorado to David and Christine Steigerwald.
• Mother and father both attended the University of Notre Dame.
• Mother served as the captain of the Notre Dame Women’s Swim team.