2018-19 Women's Soccer Roster
#8 Sabrina Flores
Class Graduate Student
Hometown Livingston, N.J.
High School Livingston
- 2018 Google Cloud Academic All-District Second Team
- Three-time ACC Honor Roll selection (2014-15, 2017)
- 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup participant (United States)
- 2015 CONCACAF U-20 Champion (United States)
- 2014 ACC All-Freshman Team
- 2014 Top Drawer Soccer Best XI Freshmen Second Team
AS A GRADUATE STUDENT:
- Started in all 18 games in her final season.
- Led the team in minutes with 1,522.
- Tallied seven points on one goal and tied the team lead with five assists.
- Scored the game tying and assisted on the game-winning goal in the 2-1 comeback win over Loyola Chicago.
- The Irish were 4-1 in games when she recorded an assist.
- Played the entire 90 minutes in nine games.
AS A SENIOR:
- Appeared in all 22 of Notre Dame’s games.
- Tallied six points on one goal and four assists.
- Took 20 shots, including seven on goal.
- Did not compete while training with the U.S. U-20 Women’s National Team for the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Made the transition to outside midfield after playing on the backline as a freshman, starting all 20 games for the Irish.
- Scored first career goal against Portland (8/30/15) in Notre Dame’s 2-0 win.
- Assisted on Kaleigh Olmsted’s goal against Indiana (9/11/15).
- Peppered a then-career high five shots against Syracuse in a 1-0 victory (10/8/15).
- Fired four shots and assist in Notre Dame’s 2-0 victory against Boston College (10/11/15)
- Assisted on Anna Maria Gilbertson’s game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 1-0 win over Wake Forest (10/16/15).
- Tallied a new career best with six shots against North Carolina (10/22/15).
- Buried the game’s first goal against the Tar Heels in an eventual 2-1 loss.
- Took three shots and assisted on a Gilbertson goal in Notre Dame’s 3-0 victory over No. 5 Virginia Tech (10/30/15).
- Scored Notre Dame’s final goal in a 5-0 victory over Oakland in the first round of the NCAA Championship (11/13/15).
- Earned a monogram.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Started 22 games, the only freshman to start in each contest on the season.
- Played a key role for the Irish on defense.
- Tallied three assists, with single helpers against No. 14 Texas Tech (1), Baylor (1), and No. 2 Texas A&M (1).
- Fired six shots with one shot on goal.
- Averaged 0.27 shots per game.
- Played 1,945 total minutes.
- Named to the ACC All-Freshman Team.
- 2014 Top Drawer Soccer Best XI Freshmen second team selection.
- Earned a monogram.
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Became involved with U.S. Soccer by participating in Under-15 Girls National Team Camp in 2011
- Was later invited to U-16 Girls National Team Camp in 2012
- Was a member of the 2013 U-18 Women’s National Team player pool with twin sister Monica and fellow Notre Dame classmates Paige Crowley, Megan McCashland, Ginny McGowan and Lexi Nicholas.
- Logged a pair of appearances at defender in 2013 with the U-18 Women’s Youth National Team
- Earned a roster spot with the 2015 CONCACAF U-20 Women’s Champion U.S. National Team
- Appeared with the U.S. at the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea
ODP/CLUB TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Most recently played with the PDA Slammers U-18 squad
- Was a member of the Slammers U-17 ECNL National Championship team in 2013
- Took part in the 2013 Nike Chance/ECNL/id2 National Training Camp and “The Chance” World Tour team trip to England
- Spent previous three seasons with the SDFC Lynx club squad, winning one Region 1 Premier League Championship (2012), a pair of New Jersey State Cup Championships (2010 and 2012) and the 2010 US Club Region A championship title
- Competed in ODP state and regional team events from 2009-12, and was a member of the 2011 USYS 1995s National Championship team
- NJGSCA All-State Top 20 North I Region (2012)
- Region I all-state and all-conference (2011)
- Group IV Section I finalist (2012)
- Section I finalist (2011)
- Top 20 North I Region (2012)
- All-State North Region I (2010 & 2011)
- First Team all-SEC/American Division (2011)
- Second Team all-SEC/American Division (2010 & 2012)
- Group IV finalist and conference champion (2010)
- Ranked No. 17 in the 2014 Top Drawer Soccer Girls IMG Academy 150 player ratings (four-star ranking; No. 2 in New Jersey Region; No. 5 among all defenders nationally)
PREP & PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Livingston High School in Livingston, N.J.
- Daughter of Adriana Grigoriu and David Flores
- Has twin sister, Monica, as well as two older siblings (Alex and Claudia)
- Along with her sister, gives Notre Dame nine New Jersey residents who have played for Fighting Irish in program history
- One of two sets of twins (along with Kaitlin and Taylor Klawunder) in their class (the first twins ever to play for the Fighting Irish).
- Part of first set of sisters to appear on Notre Dame women’s soccer roster in same season since 2001 (Kelly and Kate Tulisiak, who were the only sisters in program history to play for the Fighting Irish before the 2014 pair of twins).
- Enrolled in the College of Science