2016-17 Women's Soccer Roster
#19 Rilka Noel
Hometown West Bloomfield, Mich.
High School Marian
AS A SENIOR:
- Appeared in two games during the 2016 campaign
- Saw 50 minutes of playing time over the course of the season, recording two shots
AS A JUNIOR:
- Saw the field in five games in 2015
- Played a season-high 24 minutes in the 5-0 win over the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in the NCAA Championship first round
- Earned a monogram.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Appeared in two matches during the 2014 season against Oakland and USC
- Averaged 0.50 shots per game
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Appeared in 17 matches as a reserve, primarily as part of second midfield unit
- Collected one goal and took nine shots (five on goal) during rookie campaign
- Made college debut in season opener against No. 25 Illinois (4-1)
- Tallied first career goal against Duke, scoring with 1:24 left in first half of double-overtime contest (1-2)
- Saw most minutes of season in two matches at top-10 foe Virginia Tech (54 in regular season, 55 in ACC Tournament quarterfinal)
- Made NCAA postseason debut with appearances in first two rounds against Iowa (4-1) and Western Michigan (1-0)
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Member of U.S. Soccer Girls’ National Team player pools in 2010 (U-14) and 2011 (U-15).
ODP/CLUB TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Member of Region II ODP Team from 2010-12
- Part of Region II ODP team that competed in Costa Rica in 2011 (was named MVP of tournament played there)
- Played for Michigan ODP squad from 2008-12
- Spent club career playing for powerful Michigan Hawks program
- Helped Hawks to MRL, regional and state cups, as well as Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) U-17 National Championship final-16 appearance in 2012
- Participated in Puma Women’s Elite Showcase in 2011
- Ranked No. 113 in the 2013 Top Drawer Soccer Girls IMG Academy 150 player ratings (four-star ranking; No. 9 in Great Lakes Region).
PREP & PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Marian High School in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- Helped MHS to Division II state title in 2012
- Daughter of Marie and Rilck Noel
- Has two brothers, Chris and Patrick
- Worked closely with Summer in the City, a non-profit organization formed with partnership in Detroit during past decade; with that organization, spent much of her time in Detroit’s gardens as part of The Greening of Detroit project (converting empty lots into community gardens, giving local residents healthy food options through growing fruits and vegetables, as well as beautifying the neighborhood)
- also participated in painting murals and playing with younger school children through programs created by the Summer in the City organization
- Seventh Michigan native to play for Notre Dame, and the first since Mia Sarkesian (1998-2001)
- Graduated in December 2016 with degrees in French and art.
Noel’s Career Statistics