Free / IM / Fly
HONORS, AWARDS AND CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS
2020 Notre Dame ACC Championships Team
As A Senior (2019-20)
- Placed third in the 500-yard Freestyle (5:00.88). Participated in the 1000-yard Freestyle (10:17.58). Participated in the 400-yard Freestyle Relay with Katie Smith, Elizabeth Fry, and Madeline LaPorte (3:35.91) vs. Florida State.
- Participated in the 1000-yard Freestyle (10:26.49). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (2:05.41). Participated in the 400-yard Freestyle Relay with Elizabeth Fry, Lindsay Stone, and Madeline Laporte (3:37.78) vs. Kentucky and IU.
- Participated in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:53.58). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (2:03.57). Participated in the 400-yard Freestyle Relay with Sydney Winters, Katie Smith, and Lindsay Stone (3:35.51) vs. Purdue.
- Participated in the 1650-yard Freestyle (16:53.23). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (2:06.38) vs. Louisville.
- Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (2:04.12). Participated in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:54.29) in the win over Pittsburgh.
- Participated in the 500-yard Freestyle (4:57.60). Participated in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:52.13). Participated in the 1650-yard Freestyle (16:47.13). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (2:02.72). Participated in the 400-LC Meter Freestyle (4:23.86) in the third place finish at the Ohio State Fall Open Invitational.
- Placed third in the 100-yard Freestyle (10:14.42). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (2:06.37). Participated in the 400-yard Freestyle Relay with Katie Smith, Elizabeth Fry, and Erin Sheehan (3:35.63) in the win against Iowa and Illinois.
- Participated in the 1000-yard Freestyle (10:15.50). Participated in the 500-yard Freestyle (5:06.26) in the win against No. 25 Northwestern.
- Participated in the 500-yard Freestyle (4:58.54). Participated in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:54.22). Participated in the 800-yard Freestyle Relay with Sarah Boyle, and Bayley Stewart, and Madison Potter (7:34.37). Participated in the 1650-yard Freestyle (16:53.73). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (2:06.37) in the Shamrock Invitational.
- Placed second in the 500-yard Freestyle (5:03.12). Participated in the 200-yard Medley Relay with Meaghan Lyons, Madison Potter, and Kelly Jacob (1:49.10) in the win against Michigan State, Ball State, and Indiana State.
- Participated in the 1650-yard Freestyle (16:45.00) at the ACC Championship.
As A Junor (2018-2019):
- Interned at Goldman Sachs with the Derivatives group in the investment banking division
As A Sophomore (2017-18):
• Opened the season with a fourth place finish in the 1000 freestyle (10:15.78) in the dual meet with No. 9 Louisville.
• Against Georgia Tech, placed second in both the 500 free (4:59.76) and the 1000 freestyle (10:12.06).
• Claimed fourth in the 1000 freestyle (10:21.69) at the tri-dual with Illinois and Iowa.?
• Against No. 25 Florida State, finished fourth in both the 500 Y freestyle (5:02.08) and the 1000 Y freestyle (10:17.46).
• Placed fourth in the 200 Y freestyle (1:54.87) against Ball State and Green Bay.?
• Earned a trip to the 2018 ACC Championships where she swam the fastest 1650 freestyle (16:38.90) of her career.
As A Freshman (2016-17):
• Had an excellent start to her Notre Dame career, placing first in both the 400 L freestyle (4:32.24) and the 500 freestyle (5:02.73) against Michigan State and Iowa.
• Placed second in the 200 freestyle (1:52.56) against Indiana State and Oakland.
• Against Georgia Tech and Emory, finished second in the 500 freestyle (4:55.07).
• Claimed second in the 500 freestyle (4:57.85) against Miami (Fla.), Purdue, and Rutgers.
• At the dual meet with Louisville, placed third in the 500 freestyle (4:58.51).
• Finished third in both the 1000 freestyle (10:22.27) and the 200 backstroke (2:06.71).
• Competed in the 2017 ACC Championships where she swam her fastest 200 backstroke of the season (2:00.08).
PREP & PERSONAL:
• Three time state finalist in 200 IM and 100 butterfly, two-time finalist in the 200 and 400 freestyle relay events.
• Set Illinois state age group records in the 200 IM (13-14 age group) and 50 butterfly (11-12 age group).
• Finalist in the 200 freestyle and 500 freestyle at the 2014 Winter Junior Nationals.
• Swam at Lake Forest High School and with Patriot Aquatic Club all four years.
• Earned four varsity letters in swimming and also played junior varsity women’s lacrosse as a freshman and sophomore.
• In freshman season, was a state finalist in the 200 IM and 100 butterfly.
• Earned All American honors and was voted high school team MVP.
• Swam in winning 800 freestyle relay lineup with club team in 2013 and 2014 at the Winter Junior National Championships, setting a meet record.
• In sophomore and junior seasons, was state finalist in 200 IM, 100 butterfly and 200 and 400 freestyle relays.
• Set school record as a sophomore in all four events.
• Repeated as All American and team MVP both seasons.
• Named team captain at start of senior year.
• With club team, qualified for 2015 NCSA All Star team and competed at the Irish Long Course Championships in Dublin, Ireland, representing the United States.
• Also won at the 2015 Illinois Senior State High Point meet.
• Is sixth member of her family to attend Notre Dame.
• Middle child of Patrick and Kelly Lanigan.
• Mother Kelly (Quinn) Lanigan swam for the Irish under former head coach Tim Welsh and was a captain her senior year (1988-89).
• Has one younger brother, Luke, and one sister, Caitlin.