2017-18 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#33 Pierre Byrne
Weight 156 lbs.
Hometown South Bend, IN
High School Culver Military Academy
NOTRE DAME CAREER
- Totaled 29 points on 15 goals and 14 assists in 52 games played.
AS A SENIOR (2018)
- Played in all 15 games in his final season with the Irish, recording 14 starts.
- Posted career highs in points (16), goals (8) and assists (8).
- Recorded a career-best three points on two occasions against Maryland (2 goals, 1 assist) on March 3 and Virginia in the ACC Championship victory (2 goals, 1 assist) on April 29.
- Also scooped 13 ground balls and caused two turnovers.
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
- Started all 15 games during his junior campaign at Notre Dame
- Posted four goals and five assists to total nine points in 2017
- Scored two goals in the win over Michigan (2/26)
- Dished out a personal record two assists in the season-opening victory over Georgetown in Dallas (2/18).
- Scooped up a season-best two ground balls in the win over No. 1 Maryland (3/4).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
- Saw action in 14 games during his second season with the Irish
- Posted two points, which came off a goal and an assist
- Scored a goal against Army (5/8) and registered an assist against Virginia (3/19)
- Also notched two caused turnovers
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
- Played in eight games during his first season with the Irish
- Had his two goals for the season in the home victory against Dartmouth.
PREP AND PERSONAL
- Listed at No. 70 in the Inside Lacrosse Power 100 Freshmen
- Earned four varsity letters in lacrosse and football along with one letter in basketball at Culver Military Academy
- Tallied 115 goals and 74 assists during his high school career
- Culver was ranked in the national top-10 each of his last two seasons and the team won the North American Lacrosse Invitational (NALI) title in 2013 and 2014
- Named Second Team All-Midwest as a senior
- Played for Crabs LC (Md.), Long Island Express LC (N.Y.), 3D LC (Colo.), Roughriders LC (Md.) and RC Starz LC (Calif.)
- Selected for Under Armour All-American/Midwest Team in 2012 and 2013
- Competed in the Under Armour Underclassmen All-American Games and was on the All-Tournament team along with Notre Dame classmates Mikey Wynne, Brendan Collins and Alex Hurdle
- Selected for Adrenaline All-American Game as a senior
- Maverik Showtime All-Star Game in 2012 and 2013
- Denver Shootout All-Star Game in 2013
- Three-time Adrenaline Shootout All-Star Game selection (2010-12)
- Selected to participate in the inaugural Nike “Ride” event as one of the top high school players in the United States
- Played on the varsity as a freshman and compiled 17 touchdowns during his sophomore season
- Registered 13 touchdowns and 55 tackles during his senior season
- Appeared in Sports Illustrated’s “Faces In The Crowd” for his football accomplishments
- Earned Academic All-State honors in football
- Two-time football team MVP (2012 & 2014)
- Awarded Oliver Medal as Culver Academy’s Outstanding Senior Athlete
- Son of Gerry and Tracy Byrne
- Father, an assistant coach for the Notre Dame men’s lacrosse team, played lacrosse at UMass
- Uncle, Stephen Byrne, played lacrosse at Virginia
- Has a sister, Rory, attends Notre Dame and has an older brother, Brandon
- Joins his former Culver teammate Kyle Trolley on the Fighting Irish roster
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business as a management consulting major