2020-21 Softball Roster
#14 Payton Tidd
Hometown Vista, Calif.
High School San Marcos
HONORS AND AWARDS
2020 Preseason All-ACC
2019 First-Team All-ACC
2019 ACC All-Freshman Team
2019 ACC All-Tournament Team
2019 ACC Co-Pitcher of the Week (March 5)
AS A SOPHOMORE (2020):
- Appeared in three games (all starts) of the NFCA Leadoff Classic, striking out six batters over ten innings.
- Started two games at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, including a start vs. Illinois where she threw 6.0 innings with one earned run (1.17 ERA) and seven strikeouts.
- Also added a hit, a walk and a stolen base on offense at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- Allowed just three earned runs in 13.1 innings pitched (1.58 ERA) with 15 strikeouts for a 2-0 record in six appearances at the Mary Nutter Classic.
- At the plate, posted a .429/.500/.857 slash line with three hits, four RBIs, three runs scored and a home run at the Mary Nutter Classic.
- Appeared in two games at Duke with one start at pitcher and finished with a 1-0 record, 0.00 ERA and six strikeouts.
- Added a hit and a walk in three at bats at Duke.
- Made two appearances, including one start, at NC State and pitched a total of 8.0 innings with six earned runs and nine strikeouts.
- Hit a double in the second game of the series at NC State.
AS A FRESHMAN (2019):
- Named to the NFCA All-Mid-Atlantic Region First Team
- Received ACC All-Tournament Team and All-Freshman Team honors
- Named first-team All-ACC
- Earned ACC Pitcher of the Week Honors twice
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Majoring in Psychology Pre-Health; aspires to help victims of human trafficking
- Twitter: @paytontidd
- Instagram: @paytontidd
- Multi-year letterwinner at San Marcos High School.
- Capped outstanding high school career by being recognized as 2018 CalHigh Sports Ms. Softball as the California state player of the year for national No. 1 San Marcos.
- Posted a 28-2 record with a sizzling 0.47 ERA as a senior, a campaign which featured 10 shutouts and two no-hitters, and struck out 180 batters in 133 innings.
- Batted a career-high .453 with seven home runs, 31 RBI, a .510 on-base percentage, an .833 slugging percentage and 24 runs scored as a senior.
- Earned fourth straight Avocado League Pitcher of the Year crown, was named the CIF Player of the Year and claimed all-state first-team plaudits.
- Selected as a CalHigh Sports First-Team All-American, Extra Innings Softball First-Team All-American, MaxPreps Second-Team All-American and the SoCal Sidelines San Diego Softball Player of the Year.
- Led San Marcos with a .422 batting average, adding 38 hits, six home runs, seven doubles, 39 RBI, a .455 on-base percentage and 23 runs scored as a junior.
- Won third straight Avocado League Pitcher of the Year award after compiling a 20-3 record with a 0.82 ERA, striking out 111 batters in 123 innings. Chipped in four shutouts.
- Named first-team all-state, and added All-CIF First-Team accolades.
- Recorded a 19-1 record with a 1.18 ERA in 131 innings, striking out 126 batters for the CIF Open Division champion San Marcos to repeat as Avocado League Pitcher of the Year as a sophomore.
- Added a .300 batting average that season as an All-CIF First-Team choice, and was an all-state selection by CalHi Sports.
- As a freshman, batted .427 with 17 doubles and 25 RBI to claim an all-league first-team scroll.
- Earned first Avocado League Pitcher of the Year award with a 15-4 mark, striking 104 batters in 110 innings.
- Also lettered in volleyball at San Marcos.
- Played with both the So Cal Athletics-Richardson and Athletics-Mercado TO on the club circuit.
- Named a 2018 PGF Regional All-American, representing the Western region.
- Claimed top-five finishes at PGF Nationals in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Club team placed first at both the PGF Shootout and Colorado Sparkler tournaments in 2015.
- Earned Silver Robe honors at graduation from San Marcos High School, awarded to students with a 3.78 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Received the San Marcos president’s award in each of four academic years.
- Volunteer at the Helen Woodward Animal Center.
- Daughter of Steve and Jennifer Tidd and has one sister, Kennedy.
- Becomes the 54th California resident to suit up for Notre Dame in program history, and the first from Vista.