2020-21 Baseball Roster
#12 Niko Kavadas
Hometown Granger, IN
High School Penn
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2021 Perfect Game Preseason Second Team All-American
- 2020 Baseball America Preseason Third Team All-American
- 2020 D1Baseball ACC Top Prospect 2020 Draft (No. 43)
- 2020 Collegiate Baseball National Players of the Week (March 2)
- 2018 Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Week (May 7)
JUNIOR SEASON (2020)*
- Played and started all 13 games during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the year with a .255 average, 12 runs, 14 hits, seven home runs and 17 RBI.
- Kavadas tied for the ACC lead in home runs despite playing four less games than Elijiah Cabell and six less games than Aaron Sabato.
- Kavadas finished the year tied for eighth in the NCAA with seven home runs.
- Kavadas led the ACC in home runs per game (0.54) and was third in RBI per game (1.31).
- Set a career high with two home runs and five RBI in the 13-5 win over Presbyterian.
- Hit a home run in the remaining two games in the series sweep over Presbyterian.
- Hit a home run in four consecutive games between the Presbyterian series (2/28-3/1) and the series opener against North Carolina (3/6).
- Had a four-game multi-hit streak against UTSA (2/22) and Presbyterian (2/28-3/1).
- Hit his first home run of the season in the 9-3 series-clinching win over UAB.
- Hit the go-ahead two-run home run in the 9-8 win over Radford to propel the Irish to their seventh win in a row.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019)
- Started all 54 games between designated hitter and third base.
- Was one of two players (Jared Miller) to start all 54 games.
- Kavadas led the Irish with 12 home runs, 43 RBI, .390 on-base percentage and .517 slugging percentage.
- The 12 home runs is the most by an Irish athlete since Trey Mancini hit 12 during the 2012 season.
- Hit his first career grand slam and set a career high with four RBI on the road against Western Carolina (3/13).
- Hit home runs in back-to-back games against Georgia Tech (3/31) and Central Michigan (4/2) and Virginia (4/6) and Michigan State (4/9).
- Played summer ball with the Harwich Mariners in the Cape Cod League.
- Named a Cape Cod League All-Star and led the league with 10 home runs over the summer.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018)
- Played in 47 games, getting 38 starting nods on the season.
- Posted the third-best batting average on the team (.299) and the second-best on-base percentage (.409).
- Picked up a career-high three RBI at LSU on then equaled that versus Wake Forest.
- Collected a career-high four hits (4-for-4) versus Pittsburgh.
PREP AND PERSONAL
- Hails from Granger, Indiana, and graduated from Penn High School.
- Led Penn to a state championship as a sophomore and state runner-up as a senior.
- As a junior, was named all-state after falling in the state semifinal.
- Played on the San Francisco Giants scout team and was a member of Lids Team Indiana.
- Has three siblings: Carlyle, Abigail and Tess.
- Son of Jim and Robin Kavadas.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.