#3 Nikki Ortega
- All-World Team at U-19 World Championships
AS A SENIOR:
- Started all 19 games at attack as a senior.
- Tied for the team lead and matched her career-high with 20 assists.
- Added 18 goals, including two game winners, to finish fourth on the Irish with 38 points.
- Had 11 multi-point outings, including a five-point effort in Notre Dame’s 15-7 win at #15 Duke.
- Collected 26 ground balls and caused six turnovers.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Started all 19 games at attack during her junior season.
- Set career highs in goals (21), assists (20) and points (41).
- One of four players to tally 40+ points this season and led the team in assists.
- Tallied three or more points in seven games this season.
- Opened the season with three or more goals in each of the first three games.
- Season-high six points came in the road win over Jacksonville.
- Tied her career high with four goals in the road win over Stetson.
- Dished out a season-high three assists against Jacksonville and No. 8 Virginia.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Played in 19 games and made 12 starts.
- Scored 18 goals, collected 10 ground balls and caused one turnover.
- Recorded a .450 SOG percentage.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Played in all 21 games and made 14 starts.
- Scored 21 goals and recorded 14 assists.
- Scored a career-high four goals on March 9 vs. Liberty.
- Recorded four points five times in 2016, including four on March 28 at Marquette.
PREP AND PERSONAL: Graduated from Centereach High School in the spring of 2015… lettered all four years in soccer and was a six-year starter in lacrosse … member of the USA Under-19 national team named to all-world team after netting 19 goals in seven starts at U-19 world championship … part of 2013 USA U-15 championship team and all-tournament team … named an Under Armour All-American … U.S. Lacrosse All-American and All-Academic team member her junior and senior years … honored with the U.S. Lacrosse Jackie Pitts Award … named to the All-Inside Lacrosse High School team … Newsday Lacrosse Player of the Year in 2015 … Newsday all-Long Island Team … lacrosse team ranked No. 1 in New York State Division A and ranked No. 6 in the nation her senior year … ranks third in the state of New York with 558 career points and fifth with 232 career assists … named Top Attacker at the Nike Ride camp her sophomore year … led lacrosse team to its first undefeated season and its first trip to county playoffs …… named all-county all four years of high school in lacrosse and all-county for soccer her junior year … three-time high school team MVP … played for the Long Island Elite Yellow Jackets club team which won every tournament it played in … honored with an All Tournament Team award … President of Varsity Leaders Club … member of National Honor Society … mentor to Middle Country Youth Lacrosse League … recipient of Nancy Cole Award for her spirit … full name is Nikki Ashley Ortega … born in Port Jefferson New York to Louis and Susan Ortega … played club lacrosse with teammates Jenn Casadonte, Samantha Giacolone and Samantha Lynch … majoring in Marketing.