#35 Nick Stasack
AS A SENIOR
• After the season, earned the Charles “Lefty” Smith Coaches’ Award, which is selected by the coaching staff, and the Notre Dame Club of St. Joseph Valley Rockne Student-Athlete Award, presented annually to the player with the top grade-point average on the team.
• Made his first career appearance in Notre Dame’s 7-1 win over Merrimack, stopping the only shot he faced in 4:32 of work.
AS A JUNIOR
• Named to the 2015 Hockey East All-Academic Team.
• Joined the Notre Dame roster for the 2014-15 season after playing the previous two seasons with the Notre Dame club team, where he was teammates with senior defenseman Joe Aiken during the 2012-13 campaign.
• Did not appear in a game during his first season with the Irish.
PREP AND PERSONAL
• Graduated from the Loomis Chaffee School located in Windsor, Connecticut, in 2012.
• A three-time letter-winner in hockey and one year in track.
• Selected to the Western New England Fall Prep Elite Hockey League all-star team in 2011.
• Son of Michael and June Stasack.
• Born in Springfield, Massachusetts.
• First Irish player from western Massachusetts and first Massachusetts native since Joe Lavin (Shrewsbury) played for Notre Dame in 2009-11.
• Majoring in aerospace engineering in Notre Dame’s College of Engineering and after graduating in May, 2016 he will join aerospace manufacturer Pratt and Whitney (East Hartford, Connecticut).