2020-21 Football Roster
#95 Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa
Height 6-2 1/2
Hometown Ewa Beach, HI
High School Kapole
HONORS & AWARDS
- All-ACC Second Team
- Phil Steele Preseason All-Independent First Team (2020)
- Piesman Trophy Finalist (2019)
SENIOR SEASON (2020)
- Started and posted four tackles (three solo), including a TFL (-3 yards), in the season-opening win vs. Duke (9/12).
- Started and posted one tackle (1.0 TFL, loss of one yard) in the 52-0 win vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Did not participate vs. Florida State (10/10).
- Saw action in the 12-7 win vs. Louisville (10/17).
- Started and tallied three tackles (two solo) and 1.0 sack (loss of six yards) in the 45-3 win at Pitt (10/24).
- Started and totaled two solo tackles in the 31-13 win at Georgia Tech (10/31).
- Started and posted a QBH in the 47-40 2OT win over then-No. 1 Clemson (11/7).
- Started in the 45-31 win at Boston College (11/14).
- Started and posted three tackles and 0.5 sack, as well as a QBH, in the 31-17 win at No. 19 North Carolina (11/27).
- Started and collected 1.0 sack, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and three solo tackles in the 41-25 regular season finale win over Syracuse (12/5). Tagovailoa-Amosa forced his first-career fumble vs. Syracuse on a strip sack, which immediately led to an Irish touchdown on the next play. On a different play, Tagovailoa-Amosa recovered a Syracuse fumble (forced by the Irish) to give Notre Dame possession. It marked Tagovailoa-Amosa’s second recovery in 2020 (third of his career). On the whole, Notre Dame’s defense forced four turnovers (three FR and one INT) vs. Syracuse, and Tagovailoa-Amosa had a hand in two of them. It was the most by the Irish defense this season. With four forced fumbles by the Irish, it marked the most by a Notre Dame defense since 2019 vs. Navy (four). The four forced fumbles by Notre Dame’s defense tied for the most by any FBS team on the weekend, and the three recoveries were the second-most among all FBS teams that weekend. Tagovailoa-Amosa was one of just two players in the ACC to total at least one sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery on the weekend.
- Started and posted one tackle in the ACC Championship game (12/19)
JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
- Played and started in 12 of 13 games on the year, missing the Stanford game due to injury
- Finished the season with 22 total tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, six QB hurries and a fumble recovery
- Recovered a fumble against Virginia, returning it 48 yards to the UVA seven-yard line, setting up an Irish field goal
- Named a finalist for the Piseman Trophy for return against Cavaliers
- Recorded four tackles at Georgia
- Assisted on a sack in win over Southern Cal
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018)
- Played in two games and recorded two tackles after missing the majority of the season with a broken foot
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017)
- Appeared in all 13 games
- Registered 12 tackles, including seven solo stops and 1.5 tackles for loss
- Recorded three tackles against both Temple (Sept. 2) and Navy (Nov. 18)
- Collected a tackle for loss against Temple (Sept. 2) and half tackle for loss against Georgia (Sept. 9)
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
- Led Kapolei to the semifinals of the 2016 First Hawaiian Bank/Hawaii High School Athletic Association Football State Championships
- Kapolei posted a 10-3 record in 2016
- Recorded 34 TFLs and 18 sacks as a senior
- 2016 Honolulu Star-Advertiser All-State
- Named 2016 American Family Insurance First Team ALL-USA Hawai’i
- 2016 Oahu Interscholastic Association Division I Red Defensive Player of the Year
- No. 127 defensive end by Scout.com
- No. 18 strong-side defensive end by 247Sports.com
- No. 45 defensive tackle by ESPN.com
- No. 39 defensive tackle by Rivals.com
- Hawai’i’s No. 13-ranked player by Scout.com, No. 3-ranked player by 247Sports, No. 3-ranked player by ESPN and No. 4-ranked player by Rivals
- Played for coach Darren Hernandez at Kapolei
- Played in the inaugural 2016 Polynesian Bowl
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business