2019-20 Women's Soccer Roster
#24 Megan McLaughlin
Hometown Granger, IN
High School Penn
AS A SENIOR
- Named team captain for the 2019 season.
- Appeared in a career-high eight games and made one start over 113 minutes played.
- Earned her first career start on senior night in the 3-2 2OT win over Wake Forest.
AS A JUNIOR
- Appeared in seven games during her junior season.
- Season high in minutes came at home against No. 8 Virginia.
AS A SOPHOMORE
- Did not play.
AS A FRESHMAN
- Appeared in three games for Notre Dame in 2016.
- Totaled 53 minutes of playing time during her rookie campaign.
PREP AND PERSONAL
- Graduated from Penn High School (Mishawaka, Ind.) in May 2016 after attending Lake Washington High School (Kirkland, Was.) for three years
- Earned three letters in both soccer and track and field during high school
- Member of the Indiana Fire Juniors and Crossfire Select clubs
- Three-time Washington state champion with Crossfire Section
- 2015 Region IV participant with Crossfire Selection
- Presidents Cup National Finalist and Sportsmanship Award (Crossfire Select)
- Voted most competitive and most focused on freshman junior varsity team
- Voted most improved on Lake Washington’s district championship team as a sophomore
- Named to the KingCo Conference Defensive Second Team as a junior on conference and district championship squad
- Named team captain during senior season at Penn, leading team to a runner-up performance at the state championship
- Named a Northern Indiana Conference Honorable Mention pick
- Named to the Indiana Soccer Coaches Association All-Academic Team and was an ISCA Top Team Player in 2015-16
- Member of the National Honor Society
- Volunteered as a tutor with Kingsman Tutoring
- Named to the Honor Roll each semester of high school
- Earned an AP Scholar Award
- Named the Biology Student of the Year and Painting Student of the Year for 2016 at Penn
- Daughter of former Notre Dame volleyball coach Jim McLaughlin and former Notre Dame women’s soccer player and assistant coach Margaret (Jarc) McLaughlin (’93).
- Older sister to Molly and Marit
- Father, Jim, played volleyball at University of California, Santa Barbara
- Uncle Rick McLaughlin played volleyball at Loyola Marymount
- Aunt Joanna Robinson (sister of Margaret) played soccer at Creighton