2017-18 Men's Basketball Roster
#21 Matt Gregory
Weight 204 lbs.
Hometown Avon, Ind.
High School Cathedral
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2018 Notre Dame Monogram Club Team MVP (2018 Senior Class)
- 2018 Knute Rockne Scholar-Athlete Awardwinner
- 2017 NABC Academic Honor Roll
- 2015, 2016, 2017 ACC Academic Honor Roll
SENIOR SEASON (2017-18)
- Came off the bench to hit his second 3FG of the season against Hampton, finishing 1-of-2 from 3FG range with one rebound.
- Played a career-high six minutes in the victory over Chicago State on Nov. 11, hitting his first career three-point field goal.
- Awarded a scholarship in the summer of 2017.
JUNIOR SEASON (2016-17)
- Finished his third season as a walk-on member of the Irish roster.
- Saw action in the team’s first two victories of the season over Bryant and Seattle and the win over Chicago State.
- Valuable practice player who can play both on the perimeter and inside during the team workouts.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2015-16)
- Second-year walk-on member of the program.
- Saw action in four games during the season, playing a minute each versus St. Francis, UMass-Lowell, Boston College and Wake Forest.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2014-15)
- Played in 11 contests during his rookie season.
- Scored first career field goal in the win over Chicago State (11/29/14).
- Saw action in one Atlantic Coast Conference game against Florida State (12/13/14).
- Played a career-high five minutes versus Mount Saint Mary’s (12/9/14).
- Played at Cathedral High School in Indianapolis, Indiana, helping the team combine for a 41-14 record while averaging 11.3 points and 6.8 rebounds during his junior and senior seasons.
- Member of the squad as a junior in 2012-13 that finished with final 25-7 mark and perfect 7-0 record in the conference play.
- Cathedral advanced to 2013 state championship and boasted a 19-game win streak during the ‘13 campaign.
- Played for the Eric Gordon All-Stars club team that captured the Indyball.com tournament championship in 2013.
- Full name is Matthew Robert Gregory
- Born in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Son of Kevin and Susan Gregory along with younger sister, Annie.
- His father is the chief meteorologist at WRTV-6 in Indianapolis and played tennis at Purdue where he earned all-Big Ten honors and received the Big Ten Medal of Honor.
- Valedictorian of Cathedral High School class of 2014.
- Recipient of Joe Dezelan Award, given annually to male and female varsity top senior athlete at Cathedral.
- Represents men’s basketball on Notre Dame Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC).
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters with a dual major in psychology and environmental science.