2016-17 Cross Country Roster
Hometown Peoria, Ill.
High School Peoria Notre Dame
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Peoria Notre Dame High School in May of 2016.
- Lettered four times in both cross country and track and field.
- Led her teams to four conference championships in both cross country and track and field.
- Finished third in the Class 2A State Championship as a freshman.
- Was the sectional champion in the 1,600m and 3,200m and state runner-up in the 3,200m her freshman year.
- Was regional champion and sectional champion as a sophomore.
- Finished as state runner-up in the Class 2A State Championship.
- Recognized as Runner of the Year by the Illinois Valley Striders in 2013-14.
- Was the conference champion in the 800m, 1,600m and 3,200m and the state champion in the 3,200m.
- Won the Class 2A Illinois State Cross Country Championship as a junior.
- Named Tri-County Female Athlete of the Year by the Greater Peoria Sports Hall of Fame in 2015.
- Was the State of Illinois Gatorade Female Runner of the Year in 2014-15.
- Finished first in the 3,200m at the Class 2A Illinois State Championship and was fourth in the 1,600m.
- Was the Class 2A Illinois State Cross Country Champion as a senior.
- Was the runner-up at the Foot Locker Cross Country Nationals 5K in 2015.
- Named an All-American.
- Was runner-up at the New Balance Indoor Nationals 5K and set an Illinois state record.
- Was Class 2A Illinois State Champion in the 3,200m and 1,600m (4:53, PR and school record) her senior year.
- Was Peoria Journal Star Honor Roll Meet Champion in the 3,200m (10:23, PR and school record) and 1,600m.
- Represented Team USA in Edinburgh, Scotland, in January of 2016, finishing 14th in the Great Edinburgh Cross Country International Challenge.
- Recognized by peers as Woman of the Year.
- Accumulated more than 150 hours of community service in high school.
- Born in Peoria, Ill., to George Gilbert and Beth Domnick Gilbert (‘82).
- Has two brothers, Robert and Christopher, and two sisters, Dominique (‘10) and Megan (‘17).