#7 Madison Heide
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2018 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A SOPHOMORE (2018):
• Tabbed to the ACC Academic Honor Roll for the second straight year.
• Played in 53 games, starting a total of 50 games behind the plate for the Irish.
• Drove in three runs, added two doubles and scored four runs in limited at-bats during the campaign.
• Made a career-high 259 putouts and 16 assists from the catcher position, while successfully throwing out seven base stealers.
• Picked up first hit of the season in initial at-bat of 2018, scoring during a five-run top of the eighth for Notre Dame in a win against Saint Mary’s (Feb. 9).
• Delivered a one-out, two-run single and ultimately scored the winning run to key an upset of No. 14 Minnesota (Feb. 17) at the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
• Notched a single and scored a run while catching an Alexis Holloway no-hitter during a five-inning win in game one at NC State (March 10).
• 2-for-3 with a double, stolen base, RBI and run in game one of a three-game sweep at Louisville (March 16).
AS A FRESHMAN (2017):
• ACC Academic Honor Roll recipient.
• Appeared in 51 games for Notre Dame at catcher, while earning 35 starts.
• Reached base at a .233 clip with one home run, five RBI and seven runs scored.
• Ranked second on the Irish with 165 total putouts, and added 16 assists from behind the plate.
• Logged first career hit in only at-bat of the game in a win over Weber State (Feb. 10) to open the season.
• Earned first career RBI during a victory over eventual NCAA champion No. 4 Oklahoma (Feb. 25) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
• Perfect 2-for-2, including first career home run and a walk-off single, to help defeat Michigan State (March 22) in five innings.
• Ripped two hits to open ACC series against Virginia Tech (March 24).
• Went 1-for-2 with a run scored to kick off series with a victory at Louisville (April 1).
• Came across to score in the second game of a doubleheader against No. 24 Arkansas (April 29).
• Connected on two hits, with an RBI and a run scored, to aid in the Irish victory over Boston College (May 11) in the first round of the ACC Championship.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Four-year letterwinner in softball at Notre Dame de Sion School.
• Named first team all-district after batting .406 with five home runs, 18 RBI, and a .508 on-base percentage as a senior captain – selected as the team’s top defensive performer after finishing senior campaign with a .986 fielding percentage.
• Earned first team all-district and all-region distinction as a junior team captain, compiling a .522 batting average, five home runs, six triples, 24 RBI, and a .627 on-base percentage.
• Grabbed first career all-district nod as a catcher during sophomore season.
• Claimed first team all-district and all-region as a freshman utility player, while also receiving first top defensive performer award.
• Won an additional three letters playing basketball at Notre Dame de Sion.
• Competed with the DeMarini Zephyrs and the DeMarini Aces on the club circuit.
• Member of the National Honor Society and the youth advisory board for the Women’s Intersport Network in Kansas City.
• Has served as the sports editor of school newspaper and as a peer minister.
• Daughter of David and Beth Heide.
• Has one brother, Rhett.
• Father, David, played baseball at Avila University.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business, majoring in business analytics with a minor in collaborative innovation.