2017-18 Women's Soccer Roster
#33 Lexi Nicholas
Hometown Pleasanton, Calif.
High School Amador Valley
AS A SENIOR:
- Started 12 games and recorded 1,146:44 in goal as a senior.
- Finished the season with a 5-4-3 record with three shutouts.
- Collected 33 saves and owned a .635 save percentage.
- Recorded a 1.49 GA average.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Appeared in just one game for the Irish, clocking 17:25 in a 3-0 win over Western Michigan (Aug. 29).
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Started first six games of the season for the Irish
- Tallied solo shutouts against Portland and Michigan State
- Allowed just three goals in seven appearances, making two saves
- Recorded a GAA of 0.50 and amassed a 5-0-1 record in 541:01 minutes
- Earned a monogram
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Made an appearance against USC in a 2-1 loss, knocking away three saves over the full 90 minutes
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- First involved in the U.S. Soccer youth national team in 2010 after attending U.S. Under-14 Girls National Identification Camp
- Also spent time took part in a pair of U.S. U-18 Women’s National Team camps in 2013
- Named to the 2013 U.S. U-18 Women’s National Team player pool alongside fellow Notre Dame classmates Paige Crowley, Monica and Sabrina Flores, Megan McCashland and Ginny McGowan
- Made two appearances (both starts) in net with the 2013 U.S. U-18 Women’s National Team, earning one victory
ODP/CLUB TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Part of the Cal State North ODP State Team from 2009-13
- Named to the 2011 and 2012 Region IV Championships All-Tournament first teams, and played for the tournament championship squad in 2011
- Competed at the Region IV Camp in Moscow, Idaho for four seasons (2009-12)
- Appeared in the Girls 1996 Region IV Team Boca Ration Interregional Championship tournament from 2010-13, and was the team captain in 2012-13
- On the club level, trained in the ECNL Player Development Program in 2012 and 2013
- Played club soccer for Pleasanton Rage, one of California’s top programs and among best in Northern California/San Francisco Bay Area
- First Team all-East Bay Athletic League (EBAL) (2012)
- Team MVP (2012)
- Ranked No. 73 in the 2014 Top Drawer Soccer Girls IMG Academy 150 player ratings (four-star ranking; No. 7 in Northern California/Hawaii Region; No. 9 among all goalkeepers nationally)
PREP & PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Amador Valley High School in Pleasanton, Calif.
- Four-year varsity letterwinner
- Two-time team captain
- Daughter of Courtney and Jim Nicholas
- Has a twin sister, Brianna, as well as a younger brother, Zachary
- One of five players in the 2014 Notre Dame freshman class who is a twin (along with the Flores and Klawunder twins), but the only one of the five whose twin is not also enrolled at Notre Dame
- Is older than twin sister, Brianna, by two minutes
- A self-described “super nerd”, she is a fan of the Harry Potter novels, having read every book in the J.K. Rowling series at least three times in addition to visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando
- Also fan of the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings series, as well as the TV series “Castle”
- Is bi-literate and bilingual in Spanish, having studied the language since kindergarten and completed AP level Spanish courses in language and literature during high school
- Has traveled to both Spain and England with her family, and hopes to travel the world in the future
- Enrolled in the College of Arts & Letters with plans to study sociology and Spanish
- First player in program history to wear No. 33
Nicholas’ Career Statistics