2019-20 Women's Basketball Roster
#1 Kristin Baer
Hometown San Jose, CA
High School St. Francis
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL CAREER
FIFTH YEAR (2019-20)
Joined the women’s basketball squad before the Georgia Tech game on Feb. 22. Wore No. 1.
Baer got into the Pitt game on Feb. 9 with 1:35 remaining and scored her first and only career basket.
- Also made an appearance at the end of the North Carolina game on Feb. 27.
- NDinsider article on Baer
HONORS & AWARDS
- ACC Academic Honor Roll (2015, 2016, 2018)
FIFTH YEAR (2019)
- Started all 29 matches and appeared in all 115 sets of play.
- Led the Irish a career-high 119 total blocks, including 10 solo blocks.
- Recorded 10 total blocks in Notre Dame’s four-set win over Northern Kentucky on September 14.
- Collected at least five blocks in 14 matches.
- Added a career-high 177 kills with a .304 hitting percentage.
AS A SENIOR (2018)
- Played in eight matches, totaling 24 sets of play in her senior season
- Posting a career-high 13 kills in the season finale at Duke (11/21)
- Recorded 32 kills during the season
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
- Played in 11 matches, earning five starts in her junior season
- Totaled 22 kills and 13 blocks in 23 sets of play
- Posted a career-high five kills in wins over Southern Illinois (9/16) and Miami (10/22)
- Made first career start against Rhode Island (8/26)
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
- Appeared in one match her sophomore season
- Posted one assist
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
- Did not see any action during rookie season
- Earned a spot on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL
- Pronounced “BEAR”
- Graduated from St. Francis H.S. in Mountain View, California in May 2015
- Earned two varsity letters in volleyball
- Was team captain as a senior
- Led team to a pair of West Catholic Athletic League titles as a freshman and sophomore
- Went a combined 53-6 over those two years
- Was a member of the City Beach Volleyball Club from 2012-14 and the Red Rock Volleyball Club in 2015
- Helped Red Rock finish first out of 36 teams at the 2015 Northern California Regional Tournament
- Led squad in attack percentage and blocks at the 2015 Pacific Northwest Qualifier to help team place third and earn a bid in the 18-Open division for the 2015 Girls Junior National Championships
- Graduated maxima cum laude
- Member of the National Honors Society and the Foreign Language Honors Society
- Selected to the honor roll all four years
- Was a National Merit Commended Student and is a lifetime member of the California Scholarship Federation
- Competed against Irish teammate Maddie Dilfer in high school and club volleyball.
- Full name is Kristin Ann Baer
- Born in San Jose, California to Brian and Kalyn Baer
- Has two older brothers, Ryan and Tom
- Brothers Ryan (‘15) and Tom (‘17) graduated from Notre Dame
- Cousin, Tom Pieser, graduated from Notre Dame in 1999 and great uncle, Richard Pieser, graduated in 1957
- Cousin, Melissa Yuhas Bartlett, played soccer at Stanford and cousin, Nicholas Baer, plays basketball at Iowa
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business and is majoring in management consulting and Spanish