#13 Katherine Eilers
AS A SENIOR:
- Appeared in 18 games and made 17 starts for the Irish.
- Collected 33 ground balls, recorded seven draw controls and caused 16 turnovers.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Played in 20 games and made 16 starts for the Irish.
- Recorded 21 draw controls, including a single-game, career-high four draw controls on February 6 at Jacksonville.
- Tripled last year’s total caused turnovers with 15 in 2016.
- Picked up 21 ground balls.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Made 20 appearances and started seven times.
- Had 20 ground balls, recorded 12 draw controls and scored five goals.
- Recorded a .727 SOG percentage.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Appeared in all 19 games for the Irish.
- Recorded one goal and two assists for three points, registered eight ground balls, six draw controls and four caused turnovers.
- Tallied two points with a goal and an assist against No. 1 Syracuse.
- Controlled two draws in a win over Louisville.
- Scooped up two ground balls in games against Maryland and High Point.
- Earned a monogram.
PREP AND PERSONAL: Graduated from Loyola Academy in the spring of 2013 … earned three letters in lacrosse and field hockey and one in basketball … helped Loyola to four state championships … two-time All-American … named first team all-state twice and second team all-state once … senior captain … totaled 64 points (44G, 22A) as a junior and 72 points (42G, 30A) as a senior … also totaled 120 ground balls, 69 caused turnovers and 87 draw controls over final two seasons … earned two all-state citations during field hockey career … helped team finish third in state as a sophomore and junior and second as a senior … senior captain … earned all-academic award as a senior … played club lacrosse for Wildcat Elite … was a committee member for the Student Alliance for Homeless Youth and was involved in the Arrupe Service Program … played at Loyola with current Irish freshman Anne Dooley … full name is Katherine Lynn Eilers … born in Reston, Va., to Patrick and Jana Eilers … has an older sister, Elizabeth, a younger sister, Clare, and a younger brother, Patrick … sister, Elizabeth, is set to graduate from Notre Dame in the spring of 2015 … father, Pat, played football and baseball for Notre Dame and, later, in the NFL … family, Anne Eilers Williams, Vince Eilers, Joe Williams and Michael Williams all have attended or are currently attending Notre Dame … enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business and is also working towards a degree in psychology from the College of Arts & Letters.
Eilers’ Career Statistics