2019-20 Women's Basketball Roster
#2 Kaitlin Cole
Hometown Toledo, OH
High School Sylvania Northview
- Points: 6 (at Wake, 2/6/20)
- Rebounds: 6, 2x (last vs Syracuse, 2/23/20)
- Field Goals Made: 3 (at Wake, 2/6/20)
- Field Goals Attempted: 7 (vs Pitt, 2/9/20)
- 3-Point Field Goals Made: 1, 6x (last vs CSUN, 3/16/18)
- 3-Point Field Goals Attempted: 2, 4x (last vs Clemson, 12/29/19)
- Free Throws Made: 1, 3x (last vs DePaul, 12/11/19)
- Free Throws Attempted: 4 (vs DePaul, 12/11/19)
- Assists: 3, 2x (last at Virginia, 1/26/20)
- Blocks: 1, 7x (last vs North Carolina, 2/27/20)
- Steals: 2, 4x (last vs Pitt, 2/9/20)
- Minutes: 33 (vs Pitt, 2/9/20)
SENIOR SEASON (2019-20)
- Was awarded a scholarship for the 2019-20 season.
- Played in all 31 games, averaging 1.3 minutes off the bench.
- Averaged 1.1 points and a career best 2.2 rebounds.
- Got her first career start on Senior Day vs. UNC on Feb. 27.
- Hustles for boards: Reeled in 20 rebounds over the last five games and averaged 3.3 rebounds in the month of February.
- Logged back-to-back games with a career high six rebounds from Feb. 20-23. She had previously set a high of five boards vs. Pitt on Feb. 9.
- Career high 33-minute game vs. Pitt on Feb. 9, where she earned two steals and four points.
- Scored a career high six points at Wake Forest on Feb. 6, connecting on 3-of-4 from the field.
- Coach McGraw credited Cole for helping spark the team’s 20-0 run in the third quarter vs. Miami. Cole played a career high 23 minutes and recorded four rebounds, a steal and a bucket.
- Logged 20+ minutes in 3 straight games from Jan. 19-30 –> career high stretch for the senior.
JUNIOR SEASON (2018-19)
- Redshirted her junior year due to knee injury sustained before the season.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2017-18)
- 1-of-3 walk-ons to make the 2017-18 roster.
- Made 23 appearances, averaging 1.3 points and 5.2 minutes.
- Played a season high 12 minutes in back-to-back games for the 1st & 2nd Round of the tournament.
- Tallied her sixth three-pointer on the year vs CSUN on March 16. Cole shot 6-of-17 from beyond the arc (.353) on the year.
- Recorded one of her most complete games of the season, tallying a season high four rebounds to go with two points, one block and one steal vs Virginia in ACC Quarterfinal on March 2.
- Four points on a made three-pointer and free-throw, with one rebound, in eight minutes at Pitt on Jan. 25.
- Collected her first career rebound and block at Georgia Tech on Jan. 7.
- In four minutes of play at Wake Forest on Dec. 31, Cole went 2-for-2 from the field, including one trey, to tie her career best of five points.
- In her home state in front of her old high school team, Cole knocked down a three in her lone shot of the game in two minutes at Michigan on Nov. 29.
- Played 9 minutes vs ETSU on Nov. 24, recording her first collegiate assist and taking her first charge.
- Made her collegiate debut vs Mount St. Mary’s on Nov. 11, scoring five points on 2-of-4 shooting, including a 1-for-1 day from three-point range. Also picked up her first career steal.
- Graduated from Sylvania Northview
- Lettered three years in basketball
- Were Sectional & Northern Lakes League Champions in her junior and senior years – team went 18-7 in both seasons
- Averaged 18.4 ppg and 7 rpg as a senior
- Notched career bests of 32 points and 14 rebounds
- 2016 Team Captain
- 2016 AP First Team All-Northwest Ohio
- 2016 Second Team All-Ohio
- 2016 First Team All-District
- 2016 Northern Lakes League Player of the Year
- Highlight of Career: Winning against Lima Senior in the playoffs after them beating us in the regular season
- Played AAU basketball for Toledo Elite under head coach Duffy Burns
- 2016 AP Honors Award
- 2016 State Science Fair Superior Rating
- National Honor Society Member
- Majoring in Science Pre-Professional
- Daughter of Ken and Kelly Cole
- Has one younger brother and one older sister
- Sister, Maddie, plays basketball at Bowling Green
- Grandpa, Glenn Ramsay, was a professional hockey player
- One thing nobody might not know: Can juggle
- Intends to go to medical school and become an orthopedic surgeon