Back / IM / Fly
HONORS, AWARDS AND CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS
2020 All-ACC Academic Team
2020 ACC Swimmer of the Week (Feb. 18)
As A Senior (2019-20)
- Participated in the 1000-yard Freestyle (9:58.19) vs. Florida State.
- Participated in the 200-yard IM (1:50.40). Participated in the 400-yard IM (3:56.07). Participated in the 100-yard Backstroke (50.69). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (1:47.99) in the second place finish at the Ohio State Fall Open Invitational.
- Participated in the 200-yard Medley Relay with John Paul Becker, Michael Rosa, and Nick Chase (1:37.12) against Iowa.
- Participated in the 200-yard IM (1:52.89). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (1:51.52) in the win against Northwestern.
- Participated in the 200-yard IM (1:50.23). Participated in the 400-yard IM (3:56.16). Participated in the 100-yard Backstroke (50.51). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (1:47.56) in the Shamrock Invitational.
- Placed third in the 200-yard Backstroke (1:52.44). Participated in the 100-yard Backstroke (51.79) in the win against Michigan State, Ball State, and Indiana State.
- Placed first in the 200-yard IM (1:47.67). Placed first in the 400-yard Medley Relay with J.P. Becker, Charles Korndorffer, and Alec DeLong (3:17.18). Claimed the top finals spot in the 400-yard IM after a first place prelims performance (3:53.78), placed first in the finals with a time of (3:50.71). Claimed the top finals spot in the 200-yard Backstroke after a first place prelims performance (1:47.72), placed first in the finals with a time of (1:46.01) in the Ohio State Winter Invite.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18):
• Placed fourth in the 200 IM against Georgia Tech (1:53.67).
• In the meet with No. 1 Indiana and Cincinnati, again placed fourth in the 200 IM (1:51.71).
• Against Ball State and Green Bay, finished first in the 200 IM (1:51.67) and fourth in the 100 backstroke (:51.05).
• Competed in the 2018 ACC Championships where he swam the fastest times of his career in the 200 backstroke (1:45.33), 200 IM (1:47.37), and the 400 IM (3:48.42).
AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17):
• In the meet against IUPUI and Indiana State, placed first in the 200 backstroke (1:50.96) and second in the 100 backstroke (:51.78).
• Competed in the 2017 ACC Championships where he posted his top times of the season in the 200 backstroke (1:45.83), the 200 IM (1:48.22), and the 400 Y IM (3:50.34).
PREP & PERSONAL:
• Lettered all four years in swimming and water polo.
• Two time state title winner in the 200 medley relay as the fly leg.
• Two-time Division 1 team state champion.
• Named all four years to the Boston Globe and Boston Herald All Scholastic Team.
• State title winner for the 4X100 freestyle relay as a freshman.
• Helped leaded the team to a state championship his freshman year.
• Named to the Boston Globe and Boston Herald All Scholastic Team.
• Earned All-America consideration in the 200 medley relay, 200 IM, and 100 backstroke his sophomore season.
• Grabbed the state title in the 100 backstroke and runner-up title in 200 IM.
• Set a school record in the 200 IM and 100 backstroke.
• His high school team went undefeated in dual meets his sophomore year.
• Was an All-American in the 200 medley relay 200 IM, and 100 backstroke his junior season.
• Snagged a state championship in the 200 medley relay as the back leg and the 100 backstroke as a junior.
• Set the Division 1 State Championship meet record in the 100 backstroke.
• Named captain of the swimming and diving team his senior season.
• Named St. John’s Prep Student Athlete of the Year as a senior.
• Member of the Phoenix Swim Club.
• Member of the National Honor Society.
• Was named a St. Francis Xavier Scholar.
• Born in Chicago, Illinois to Joseph and Amy Lynn Turk.
• Attended the same prep school as former Irish Basketball standout Pat Connaughton.
• Father swam at Wabash College where he placed 2nd in the Division 3 NCAA’s in the 100 and 200 meter butterfly.