2018-19 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#46 Jose Boyer
Weight 180 lbs.
Hometown Yorktown Heights, NY
High School Yorktown
- Member of the Puerto Rico National Team that finished eighth in the world in the 2018 World Lacrosse Championships.
AS A FRESHMAN (2019)
- Played in all 16 games in his rookie season with the Irish at the LSM position, recording 19 ground balls and 10 caused turnovers.
- Made his collegiate debut in the win over Detroit Mercy (2/16).
- Posted a season-high two caused turnovers in the victory over Syracuse (3/30).
- Scooped up a season-high three ground balls against Ohio State (3/23).
PREP & PERSONAL
- Two-time high school All-American in 2016 and 2017.
- Played on the Under Armour All-America North Senior Team.
- Named to the New England Under Armour All-America Team.
- Led Yorktown to a state championship in 2014.
- Earned the Rhodes Cup at Deerfield Academy.
- Three-sport athlete, lettering in lacrosse, football and track & field.
- Holds Yorktown High School record for career touchdown passes, and career passing yards.
- Named Yorktown High School Male Student Athlete of the Year.
- Four-time team MVP at Yorktown in track & field.
- Team captain of both the lacrosse and football teams.
- Member of the National Honor Society and achieved Principal’s List status all four years at Yorktown.
- Volunteered as a mentor and tutor throughout high school and was a member of the Special Olympics.
- Son of Joseph and Marianne Boyer. His father, Joseph, played running back at Fordham and his mother, Marianne, was a team captain on the swim team at Holy Cross.
- Has a brother (Keith) and a sister (Kaila).