2020-21 Football Roster
#39 Jonathan Doerer
Hometown Charlotte, NC
High School South Mecklenburg
HONORS & AWARDS
- Lou Groza Award Star of the Week (vs. Clemson, 2020)
- Groza Award Watch List (2020)
- Game ball recipient vs. Southern Cal (2019)
SENIOR SEASON (2020)
- Connected on 2-2 field goals (48, 34) and 3-3 PAT in the season-opening win vs. Duke (9/12).
- Went 1-2 on field goals and a perfect 6-6 on PAT in the 52-0 win vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Was 6-6 on PAT and 0-1 on FGAs, with seven kickoffs for 445 yards (63.6 avg.) and three touchbacks in the win vs. Florida State (10/10).
- Made 2/2 FGA (32 yards and 30 yards), kicked four kickoffs for 254 yards (63.5 yard avg.) with one touchback. His field goals gave the Irish an early lead on a day that experienced wind gusts upwards of 30 MPH in the 12-7 win vs. Louisville (10/17).
- Was 6-6 on PATs and 1-1 on FGA in the 45-3 win at Pitt (10/24).
- Was 1-1 on FGA and 4-4 on PAT in the 31-13 win at Georgia Tech (10/31).
- Named a Lou Groza Award Star of the Week as he went 5-5 on PAT, 4-5 FGM (made field goals of 24, 27, 45 and 44 yards, missed 57) in the 47-40 2OT win over then-No. 1 Clemson (11/7); broke the Notre Dame record for kicking points in a game. His 17 points tie for the most kicking points in a single game by any FBS player this season, and were the most by any FBS player this weekend. He made four field goals on the day, matching his previous career high in the 2019 Camping World Bowl vs. Iowa State. His previous single-game point high was 15 in the 2019 Camping World Bowl. Doerer’s five field goal attempts match a single-game high in the ACC this season.
- Made a 23-yard field goal and was 6-6 on extra point attempts in the 45-31 win at Boston College (11/14).
- Went 1-2 on field goals and 4-4 on PAT in the 31-17 win at North Carolina (11/27).
- Went 1-2 on field goals and 6-6 on PAT in the 41-25 regular season finale win over Syracuse (12/5).
- Went 1-2 on field goals, making the longest field goal in ACC Championship history (51 yards) in the ACC Championship game (12/19).
JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
- Was a perfect 57-for-57 on PATs while going 17-for-20 on field goals with a pair of makes from beyond 50 yards
- Scored 108 points on the year, the most prolific scoring season by a kicker in school history
- Became the first kicker in school history and just the sixth player at Notre Dame to have a 100-plus point season
- Was just the second kicker in program history to connect on every PAT while attempting 50 or more extra points
- Completed just the 13th kicker in program history to have a perfect season of PATs with at least 20 attempts
- Ended the season with 62 consecutive PATs made, tied for the sixth-longest streak in school history
- Earned the game ball against Southern Cal after making three field-goal attempts from 45, 52 and 43 yards
- Connected from 51 yards out in the Camping World Bowl victory over Iowa State, one of four FGs made in the game
- Became the fourth kicker in school history with multiple 50-plus yard field goals in a season and the fifth to have multiple 50-plus yard field goals in a career
- Owns two of the top 10 games for kicking points scored with 16 points against Boston College and 15 points against the Cyclones
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018)
- Kicked off 56 times with 25 touchbacks
- Four of eight kickoffs against Navy went for a touchback
- Handled placekicking against Navy for an injured Justin Yoon, going 5-for-6 on PATs and making his first career field goal attempt from 30-yards out
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017)
- Saw action in seven games as the kickoff specialist
- Averaged 61.2 yards per kickoff over his 32 attempts
- Nine of his 32 kickoffs went for touchbacks
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
- Connected on nine of 16 field goals with a long of 44 yards as a senior in 2016
- Registered a touchback on 92 percent of his kickoffs
- No. 6 kicker by Scout.com
- No. 17 kicker by 247Sports.com
- No. 20 kicker by ESPN.com
- Played for coach Rocky White at South Mecklenburg
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters, majoring in sociology