2020-21 Football Roster
#6 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Height 6-1 1/2
Hometown Hampton, VA
High School Bethel
HONORS & AWARDS
- Butkus Award Winner (2020)
- Unanimous All-American
- Walter Camp All-America First Team
- AFCA All-America First Team
- Associated Press All-America First Team
- Sporting News All-America First Team
- FWAA All-America First Team
- The Athletic All-America First Team
- ESPN All-America Team
- CBS Sports All-America First Team
- Phil Steele All-America First Team
- Nagurski Trophy Finalist
- Bednarik Award Finalist
- Lott IMPACT Trophy Finalist
- Bowden Trophy Finalist
- ACC Defensive Player of the Year
- Associated Press ACC Defensive Player of the Year
- Associated Press First Team All-ACC
- All-ACC First Team
- Phil Steele All-ACC First Team
- Nagurski Trophy Player of the Week vs. Clemson (11/7)
- Bednarik Award Player of the Week vs. Clemson (11/7)
- ACC Linebacker of the Week vs. Clemson (11/7)
- Pro Football Focus Team of the Week at Pitt (10/24)
- Nagurski Trophy Watch List
- Butkus Award Watch List
- Bednarik Award Watch List
- Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch list
- Preseason All-ACC Team
- Pro Football Focus Preseason All-ACC First Team
- Phil Steele Preseason All-Independent Second Team
- ESPN All-Bowl Team (2019)
SENIOR SEASON (2020)
- Started and led the Irish with nine tackles (six solo), also adding a sack (-6 yards), two TFL (-9 yards) and a forced fumble, which was the first turnover of the season after breaking the ball loose from Duke’s Jalon Calhoun in the third quarter, in the season-opening win vs. Duke (9/12).
- Started and posted a tackle in the 52-0 win vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Started and posted five tackles (three solo), 2.0 TFL (-10 yards) and one QBH in the win vs. Florida State (10/10), several being impact plays.
- Started and led the Irish defense in TFL with 2.0 vs. Louisville (10/17)
- Started and posted a tackle and his first-career interception in the 45-3 win at Pitt (10/24).
- Started and posted five tackles (three solo), one off the team-leading figure of six, in the 31-13 win at Georgia Tech (10/31).
- Was named Nagurski and Bednarik Player of the Week and ACC LB of the Week for his performance in the 47-40 2OT win over then-No. 1 Clemson (11/7); Posted nine tackles (seven solo), 0.5 sack, 2.0 TFL (-6 yards), one forced fumble, one fumble recovery touchdown (23 yards); recovered a Clemson fumble and returned it 23 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter vs. Clemson, marking the only fumble returned for a touchdown this week in the ACC; It was the first touchdown of the senior’s career, and the third fumble recovery of his career (first this season, last came in 2019 vs. Iowa State in the Camping World Bowl). Three plays later, Owusu-Koramoah forced a Clemson fumble, which was recovered by cornerback Nick McCloud. It led to an Irish field goal; Owusu-Koramoah’s touchdown marked the first true defensive touchdown of the season, as both prior non-offensive touchdowns were on opponent punts; Owusu-Koramoah tied for the team lead in tackles with nine, and ranks 14th overall in the ACC in total TFL with 8.0 this season.
- Started and posted a pass breakup in the 45-31 win at Boston College (11/14).
- Started and led the team with nine tackles (five solo) in the 31-17 win at No. 19 North Carolina (11/27).
- Started and posted five tackles, 0.5 TFL, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in the 41-25 regular season finale win over Syracuse (12/5). Owusu-Koramoah forced a fumble on the opening drive of the first half for his third forced fumble of the season (fifth of his career). He recovered another fumble, forced by the Irish, for his second FR of the season and fourth of his career, which led to a Notre Dame touchdown drive. One of his two pass breakups came on third down, forcing a Syracuse punt and leading to a Notre Dame touchdown drive. Owusu-Koramoah was the only player in the ACC that weekend to note at least one FF, one FR and a pass breakup.
- Started and totaled seven tackles (six solo), including 2.0 TFL, in the ACC Championship game (12/19).
- Started and earned six tackles (four solo) in the CFP Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game (1/1/21).
JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
- Started all 13 games while tying for the team lead with 80 tackles
- Added a team-high 13.5 tackles for loss with 5.5 sacks, four pass break-ups, three QB hurries, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries
- Had nine tackles in three games on the season: opener at Louisville, finale at Stanford and Camping World Bowl win over Iowa State
- Made three sacks in the Camping World Bowl while adding a fumble recovery
- Forced a fumble along with seven tackles in victory over Virginia
- Broke up a pair of passes while adding 1.5 tackles for loss at Duke
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018)
- Played in two games (Michigan & Ball State)
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017)
- One of 10 scholarship freshmen who spent the season on scout team and did not see the field
- Joined David Adams, Jafar Armstrong, Aaron Banks, Avery Davis, Darnell Ewell, Dillan Gibbons, Josh Lugg, Kofi Wardlow and Drew White as rookies who helped the Irish on their scout teams
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
- 2016 First Team Virginia High School League All-State
- No. 83 safety by Scout.com
- No. 31 athlete by 247Sports.com
- No. 28 safety by ESPN.com
- No. 40 safety by Rivals.com
- Virginia’s No. 29-ranked player by Scout.com, No. 17-ranked player by 247Sports, No. 15-ranked player by ESPN and No. 18-ranked player by Rivals
- Played for coach William Beverley at Bethel
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters