2019-20 Baseball Roster
#9 Jack Brannigan
Weight 190 lbs.
Hometown Orland Park, IL
High School Marist
FRESHMAN SEASON (2020)*
- Played and started all 13 games during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the year at the plate with a .255 average, team-high 14 runs, 12 hits, 11 RBI, three steals and one home run.
- On the mound Brannigan pitched 4.2 innings over four appearances, did not allow a run and finished with a 1-0 record.
- Had a breakout weekend in the ACC opening series against North Carolina.
- On March 6, he set a career high with three runs scored in the 8-5 win.
- On March 7, Brannigan took to the mound and tossed a career high 2.2 innings to clinch his first collegiate win.
- In the series finale, Brannigan set career highs with three hits and five RBI while also stealing home in the 14-8 win to sweep the series.
- One of three Irish to record five RBI in a game during the season (Niko Kavadas & Jack Alexander).
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Earned first team PBR All-State and first team Daily Southtown All-Area.
- .430, 36 runs, 14 doubles, 2 triples, 3 HRs, 4-2 record, 1.55 ERA, 53 Ks during his senior year.
- 3x Regional Championship (2019-18, 2016) and 1x Sectional Championship (2019).
- ESCC All-Conference team in 2018.
- Played high school baseball against fellow Irish teammates Aidan Tyrell, Cole and Casey Kmet.
- Was a National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society Member.
- Son to John and Colleen Brannigan. Has three brothers; Shane, Mark and Luke.
- Father (‘90), Grandfather (‘61) and Uncle (‘86) all attended Notre Dame.
- Dad participated in Track & Field at Notre Dame and grandfather played baseball during his freshman year.
- Thomas played baseball at the same time as Carl Yastrzemski.
- Intends to major in finance.