#8 Ellie Richards
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A SENIOR (2020)
- Named one of four captains for the Irish in 2020
- Appeared in two games during the 2020 NFCA Leadoff Classic at third base, posting one assist.
- Saw action in one game at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and recorded a putout
AS A SOPHOMORE (2018):
• Appeared in 16 games during first full season.
• Scored a total of five runs as a pinch runner or pinch hitter on the year.
• Made season debut as a pinch runner and came across to score in a win over Saint Mary’s (Feb. 9).
• Drew a walk as a pinch hitter, ultimately scoring a run in a win over UC Santa Barbara (March 3).
• Crossed the plate as a pinch runner in the series opener at NC State (March 10).
• Scored runs in the first two games of the series as a pinch runner at Louisville (March 16-17).
AS A FRESHMAN (2017):
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Appeared in one regular season game while recovering from injury, logging an at-bat against Detroit Mercy (April 11).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Three-year softball letterwinner at Pendleton High School.
• Logged a .517 average with 10 doubles, 30 RBI, a .554 on-base percentage and 31 runs scored to claim 5A all-state and all-league first team accolades during senior season.
• Batted .487 with 52 hits, 13 doubles, 35 RBI, 12 stolen bases, and 43 runs scored for the Oregon 5A state runner-up Pendleton team as a junior.
• Named a 5A all-state and all-conference selection.
• Member of the state championship Pendleton team as a sophomore.
• Earned all-state and all-conference accolades as a freshman after finishing the season with a .337 batting average.
• Also earned varsity letters in basketball and cross country.
• Set the school record for highest 3-point shooting percentage for a season (51%), and tied a single-game record with eight made 3-pointers during freshman basketball season.
• Competed with the Northwest Batbusters and the USA Explosion on the club circuit.
• Finished in third place with the Explosion at ASA Nationals in 2015.
• Member of the National Honor Society.
• Daughter of Steve and Kim Richards.
• Has one brother, Lane.
• Has one sister, Lauren.
• Brother, Lane (’16), was a senior captain on the Notre Dame baseball team.
• Father, Steve, played baseball at Linfield College.
• The first Oregon native to suit up for Notre Dame in varsity softball.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business, majoring in information technology management.