2019-20 Track and Field Roster
Class Graduate Student
Hometown Manlius, NY
High School Fayetteville-Manlius
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- 2020 ACC Champion, Men’s Distance Medley Relay
- 2019 NCAA Champion, Men’s Distance Medley Relay
- 2019 ACC Champion, Men’s Distance Medley Relay
- All-American (Indoor: 2018, 2019)
- 2019 All-ACC First Team
- 2018 All-ACC Second Team
- 2019 ACC Indoor Track & Field Men’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year
AS A GRADUATE STUDENT:
- Ran the 400m leg of the DMR at the Alex Wilson Invitational as the Irish team won the race in a photo finish with a time of 9:25.80, just .04 seconds ahead of Wisconsin. The time of 9:25.80 was not only the program, track and ACC record but also the second fastest time ever recorded in NCAA indoor track and field history for the event. Following the performance, the Irish DMR team was named ACC Track Performers of the Week
- Finished with a time of 49.17 to place third in the 400m at the Power Five Invitational
- Placed second in the 400m at the GVSU Bill Clinger Classic with a time of 49.12
- Named to the 2020 Men’s All-ACC Academic Team
AS A SENIOR:
- NCAA champion in the DMR (9:31.55), also earned All-America accolades for the second straight season at the NCAA Division I Indoor Track & Field Championships.
- ACC champion with the Notre Dame DMR after posting a winning time of 9:38.85 for All-ACC First-Team honors at the ACC Indoor Championships.
- Finished sixth as a member of the 4x400m relay at the ACC Championships.
- Also competed as an individual in the 400m dash where he crossed the line in 48.63 at the championship meet.
- Established a PR in the 400-meter dash with a time of 48.44 at the Virginia Challenge.
- Set a PR in the 200-meter dash (22.38) outdoors at the UNF Invitational.
- Claimed an event victory with the DMR (9:26.10) at the Alex Wilson Invitational.
- Finished third in the 400-meter dash with a time of 48.90 at the Hoosier Hills.
- Runner-up in the 400-meter dash with a time of 49.51 at the Gene Edmonds Open.
- Raced with the runner-up 4×400-meter relay team (3:18.76) and finished third in the 400-meter dash (49.14) at the Blue and Gold Invitational.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Claimed All-America accolades in the DMR after finishing second (9:31.22) at the NCAA Division I Indoor Track & Field Championships.
- Earned All-ACC Second-Team honors as part of the runner-up DMR entry (9:40.14) at the ACC Indoor Championships.
- Runner-up in the 400-meter dash (50.43) at the Indiana University Relays.
- Placed third with the 4×400-meter relay squad (3:22.08) at the Michigan Wolverine Invitational.
- Runner-up in the 4×400-meter relay (3:21.41) at the Blue and Gold Invitational.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Had a personal best race at the Tiger Paw Invite with a time of 22.92 in the 200m (indoor).
- Raced in the 400m at the Yellow Jacket Invite where recorded a season best time of 50.27
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Fayetteville-Manlius High School (Manlius, New York) in the spring of 2015
- Placed eighth at the Indoor Track State Championships (4x800m) as a senior
- Lettered in both indoor and outdoor track
- Born in Winston Salem, North Carolina, to Edward and Cynthia Cheatham
- Has one sister, Shauna Cheatham
- A political science major in the College of Arts and Letters