2020-21 Football Roster
#40 Drew White
Height 6-0 1/4
Hometown Boca Raton, FL
High School St. Thomas Aquinas
HONORS & AWARDS
- Gameball recipient: North Carolina (11/27)
- Nagurski Trophy Watch List (2020)
- Pro Football Focus Preseason All-ACC Third Team (2020)
- Phil Steele Preseason All-Independent First Team (2020)
SENIOR SEASON (2020)
- Started and posted five tackles, the third-most on the team, as well as two pass breakups in the season-opening win vs. Duke (9/12).
- Started and tallied five tackles (four solo), the second-most on the team, with 0.5 TFL and a QB hurry in the 52-0 win vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Started and marked three tackles (two solo) in the win vs. Florida State (10/10).
- Started and posted three tackles and a 1.0 TFL (-3) in the 12-7 win vs. Louisville (10/17).
- Started and totaled two tackles and 0.5 sack (-3 yards) in the 45-3 win at Pitt (10/24).
- Started and marked four tackles and 1.0 TFL (loss of one yard) in the 31-13 win at Georgia Tech (10/31).
- Started and tied for the team lead in tackles (nine), added 1.0 TFL (-1) and a pass breakup in the 47-40 2OT win over then-No. 1 Clemson (11/7).
- Started and posted seven tackles and 0.5 TFL (-1 yards) in the 45-31 win at Boston College (11/14).
- Started and posted five tackles, 2.0 TFL (-8 yards), 0.5 sacks (-4 yards) and one pass breakup in the 31-17 win at No. 19 North Carolina (11/27). White combined for a sack, his first of the season for White and pushing his career total to 2.5. In addition to 2.0 TFL, White allowed zero yards on his other tackles. White received the team game ball for his performance, and was one of just two ACC linebackers on the weekend with 2.0 or more tackles for loss. The only other ACC linebacker to reach that mark that weekend allowed nine yards on his other tackle outside of the TFL, while White allowed zero yards on all of his other tackles beyond the TFL.
- Started and posted 1.5 TFL (loss of seven yards), totaling three tackles, in the 41-25 regular season finale win over Syracuse (12/5).
- Started and posted 1.0 sack, totaling two tackles, in the ACC Championship game (12/19).
JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
- Saw action in all 13 games on the season, while starting 12 contests
- Tied for the team lead with 80 total tackles, adding 8.0 tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, two QB hurries and two fumble recoveries
- Had a sack and 2.0 tackles for loss in season-opening win at Louisville
- Made seven tackles and a TFL in win over Virginia
- Recovered a fumble while making 10 tackles against Navy
- Posted a second-straight game with a fumble recovery against Boston College, adding seven tackles
- Made 11 tackles in the effort at Michigan, the most by an Irish player in a game on the season
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018)
- Played in four games, totaling eight tackles
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017)
- One of 10 scholarship freshmen who spent the season on scout team and did not see the field
- Joined David Adams, Jafar Armstrong, Aaron Banks, Avery Davis, Darnell Ewell, Dillan Gibbons, Josh Lugg, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah and Kofi Wardlow as rookies who helped the Irish on their scout teams
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
- Led St. Thomas Aquinas to a 13-2 record and 2016 Florida High School Athletic Association Class 7A State Championship — the program’s third consecutive state title
- Helped St. Thomas Aquinas to a No. 6 final national ranking by MaxPreps Xcellent 25
- St. Thomas Aquinas outscored its opponents, 604-141, and limited its opponents to 9.4 points/game, including five shutouts
- Led St. Thomas in total tackles (107), solo stops (63), assisted tackles (44) and tackles/game (8.2)
- Added three PBU, two blocked punts and one fumble recovery
- 2016 Second Team Associated Press Florida All-State Class 7A
- 2016 South Florida Sun-Sentinel First Team All-Broward County for Classes 8A-7A-6A
- Named 2016 American Family Insurance First Team ALL-USA Florida
- No. 38 inside linebacker by Scout.com
- No. 41 inside linebacker by 247Sports.com
- No. 17 inside linebacker by ESPN.com
- Florida’s No. 66-ranked player by Scout.com, No. 132-ranked player by 247Sports and No. 85-ranked player by ESPN
- Played for coach Roger Harriott at St. Thomas Aquinas
- Enrolled in the College of Science, majoring in pre-professional studies