2020-21 Football Roster
#76 Dillan Gibbons
Class Graduate Student/Senior
Hometown Clearwater, FL
High School Clearwater Central Catholic
HONORS & AWARDS
- Scout Team Player of the Year: Offense (2017)
SENIOR SEASON (2020)
- Saw action in the season-opening win vs. Duke (9/12).
- Saw action in the 52-0 win vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Saw action at reserve left guard in the win vs. Florida State (10/10). The O-Line allowed zero sacks, paved the way for 353 yards rushing, four rushing TDs, totaling 554 yards of total offense; the Irish rushed for 353 yards total, with two different players reaching the 100-yard mark. Prior to the contest, Florida State had allowed just 141.3 rushing yards per game; the last time Notre Dame had two players with more than 100 yards rushing in a game was in 2017 vs. Southern Cal (Josh Adams and Brandon Wimbush), and the last time the Irish posted more than 300 yards rushing was in 2019, also against Southern Cal; filled in at LG as Aaron Banks moved to LT when Liam Eichenberg left the game for a period with an injury; Notre Dame averaged 8.4 yards-per-carry vs. Florida State, the second-highest single-game figure in the ACC this season.
- Participated in the 12-7 win vs. Louisville (10/17) and in the 45-3 win at Pitt (10/24).
- Did not participate at Georgia Tech (10/31).
- Saw action in the 47-40 2OT win over then-No. 1 Clemson (11/7).
- Saw action in the 45-31 win at Boston College (11/14).
- Saw action in the 31-17 win at North Carolina (11/27).
- SYRACUSE: Started for an offensive line that paved the way for 568 yards of total offense (283 rushing with three touchdowns, 285 passing with three touchdowns) and 33:50 time of possession. Notre Dame’s 568 yards of total offense were the most in the ACC that week, and ranked fourth among all Power 5 teams on the weekend. It was the fourth time this season Notre Dame’s offense has surpassed 500 yards of total offense in a single game, and it marked the most by an Irish team since 2019 vs. Bowling Green (573). It was the most by the Irish against a Power 5 opponent since 2017 vs. Wake Forest (710). Entering the game, Notre Dame was averaging 34:12 time of possession, a figure which led the ACC. Accumulating 33:50, the Irish have now won the time of possession battle in nine of 10 games this season. They now average 34:09 per game, which continues to lead the ACC by more than two minutes per game, and ranks sixth among all FBS teams and third among all Power 5 teams. Notre Dame was one of just two ACC teams with multiple 100-yard rushers on the weekend (Kyren Williams and Chris Tyree), and the only winning team in the ACC to reach the feat. Notre Dame was one of just four FBS teams to boast two players with 109 rushing yards or more on the weekend.
- Saw action in the ACC Championship game (12/19).
- Saw action in the CFP Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game (1/1/21).
JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
- Played in all 13 games, primarily on special teams
- Recorded one tackle at Michigan
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018)
- Appeared in five games over the course of the season
- Named the team’s Offensive Scout Team Player of the Year as a freshman in 2017
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017)
- One of 10 scholarship freshmen who spent the season on scout team and did not see the field
- Joined David Adams, Jafar Armstrong, Aaron Banks, Avery Davis, Darnell Ewell, Josh Lugg, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Kofi Wardlow and Drew White as rookies who helped the Irish on their scout teams
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
- Notre Dame’s first commitment of the 2017 class
- Helped Clearwater Central Catholic High School to a 9-2 record as a senior in 2016
- Clearwater Central Catholic reached the regional finals of the 2016 Florida High School Athletic Association Class 3A playoffs
- Lost regional final to Melbourne Central Catholic, 69-62, in nine overtimes (game was tied, 21-21, at the end of regulation)
- Named 2016 First Team Florida All-State Class 3A
- Selected to the 2016 MaxPreps First Team Small Schools All-American Team
- One of six offensive tackles named to the Florida Times-Union Super 75
- One of three offensive linemen selected to the Tampa Bay Times HomeTeam 30 (ranked No. 4 overall)
- No. 26 offensive guard by Scout.com
- No. 377-ranked overall player and No. 38 offensive tackle by 247Sports.com
- No. 31 offensive guard by ESPN.com
- No. 56 offensive guard by Rivals.com
- Florida’s No. 40-ranked player by Scout.com, No. 49-ranked player by 247Sports, No. 73-ranked player by ESPN and No. 74-ranked player by Rivals
- No. 215-ranked overall player and No. 37-ranked offensive lineman by Tom Lemming’s Prep Football Report
- Played for coach Chris Harvey at Clearwater Central Catholic High School
- Chosen to represent the U.S. National Team against Team Canada at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business