2019-20 Women's Lacrosse Roster
#12 Diana Kelly
Hometown Chatham, N.J.
High School Oak Knoll School
- 2018 ACC Academic Honor Roll
AS A JUNIOR:
- Started all seven games for the Irish in 2020.
- Part of an Irish defensive unit that ranked second in the country with a mark of 7.29 goals allowed per game.
- Tied for third on the team with eight caused turnovers.
- Tied for a game-high three caused turnovers in Notre Dame’s 18-7 victory over Ohio State (Feb. 23).
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Started all 19 games for the Irish as a sophomore.
- Ranked third on the Irish with 34 ground balls.
- Recorded three points (1G, 2A), 20 caused turnovers and seven draw controls.
- One of five Irish players to cause 20+ turnovers.
- Collected a career-high four ground balls vs. Northwestern on April 20.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Played in all 19 games and started in four games during her first season.
- Tallied nine goals, four assists, 16 ground balls, seven draw controls and nine caused turnovers.
- Was one of four freshmen to total 10 or more points.
- Career-high four goals came in the come from behind win against Elon.
- Set a career high with two assists in the road win over Jacksonville.
- Totaled a career high two ground balls in four games. (Marquette, High Point, North Carolina and Michigan).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Oak Knoll School in June 2017 … earned four varsity letters in soccer and lacrosse and two in swimming … led her soccer team to the Prep Championship and State Championship in 2016 … contributed to the lacrosse team’s three Prep Championships, three State Championships, the 2015 Tournament of Champions and the 2017 County Championship … as a sophomore received the Union County Award for soccer … as a junior was named a High School All-American in lacrosse and was chosen to be on the All-Conference team in soccer … as a senior was named Oak Knoll 2017 “Athlete of the Year,” was selected as a 2017 High School All-American, was named All-State First Team, was named Oak Knoll’s “Outstanding Defensive Player,” received the Top 20 North II Region Award and received the Oak Knoll Captains Award and NJGSCA Award in soccer … was named to the UCGSCA 2016 All-Star Mountain Division team and All-Conference team in soccer … was a three-time Under Armour All-American Underclass Team selection in lacrosse … was a member of Building Blocks Lacrosse.
- Volunteers at her home parish of Corpus Christie and coaches at Building Blocks Lacrosse … is a National Language Honors Society member …
- Born in New York, N.Y. … hails from the same high school as current Irish lacrosse players, sophomore Cassie Ford and fellow freshman Lizzy Doherty … father William was a track and field athlete at Fordham University … has an older brother, Conor, and an older sister, Katherine … is the daughter of William and Karen Kelly … full name is Diana Rose Kelly.