2016-17 Cross Country Roster
Class Fifth Year
Hometown Billings, Mont.
High School Billings Senior
- 2015 First Team All-ACC (mile).
- 2015 Second Team All-ACC (3,000 meters).
- 2013, 2014, 2015 NCAA Division I East Preliminary Round qualifier.
- 2013, 2014, 2015 First Team All-American (distance medley relay).
- 2013 All-BIG EAST (outdoor 800 meters).
- 2013 All-BIG EAST (4×800-meter relay).
AS A GRADUATE STUDENT:
- Recorded a season best time of 2:07.27 in the 800m at the Virginia Challenge.
- Set a PR and broke the school record (which was then broken minutes later by Jessica Harris) she had previously set in 2015 for the 1500m with a time of 4:12.50 during the NCAA East Regionals.
- Finished fifth in the 1500m at Regionals qualifying her for the Championships in Eugene, Ore.
- Finished in sixth during the preliminary round of the 1500m at the NCAA Championships, sending her onto the finals where she placed twelfth overall with a time of 4:17.24.
AS A SENIOR:
- Did not compete during the cross country or track season.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Started her junior track campaign finishing in second in the mile (4:44.01) at the Notre Dame Invitational.
- Finished second in the Meyo Mile (4:38.73) and third in the distance medley relay (11:01.59) at the Meyo Invitational.
- Finished second in the mile at the ACC Indoor Championships (4:37.68).
- Broke the school record in the the 1,500 meters (4:13.43) during the Virginia Challenge.
- Earned a track and cross country monograms.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Recorded a first-place finish in the 1000m run (2:48.70) at the Meyo Invitational.
- Was a member of the Irish’s second-place distance medley relay team on the same track at the ACC Indoor Championship.
- Helped the same distance medley relay team to a third place finish at the NCAA Indoor Championships.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Finished second in both the 800m (2:09.74) and the 4x800m (8:40.59) at the BIG EAST Indoor Championships..
- Finished second in the 800m (2:08.70) and second with the 4x800m relay team (8:44.13) at the BIG EAST Outdoor Championships.
- Helped the 4x800m team to a first place finish (8:33.65) at the Drake Relays.
- Finished second in the 800m (2:07.13) at the Louisville Border Battle.
- Placed second in the 1,500m (4:20.92) at the Stanford Invitational.
- Placed second in the DMR (10:59.08) at the Alex Wilson Invitational.
- Finished first in the 800m (2:09.73) at the Notre Dame Invitational.
- Placed first in the 1,000m (2:52.24) at the Blue & Gold Invitational.
- Earned a spot on the Dean’s List during the Spring of 2013.
- Earned a track and field monogram.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Billings High School (Billings, Mont.) in the spring of 2012.
- Eight-time letter winner in cross country and track.
- Named state champion in the 800m, 1600m, 3200m and the 4x400m relay junior year.
- Named state champion sophomore year in the 800m run.
- Set the state record in the 800m (2:08.31) senior year.
- Placed second at USATF Junior Nationals Outdoor in the 800m (2:05.06).
- Ran a personal best and placed 11th at the IAAF World Championships in the 800m (2:04.19) in 2012.
- Succeeded in the classroom by placing first in the 2012 AMC Math Test at Billings.
- Daughter of Chuck and Kathy Aragon.
- Has two sisters.
- Enrolled in College of Science and is a science-business major.
LINK TO TFRRS PROFILE: