- Moved his double-digit scoring streak to three games in the first round of the ACC tournament against Georgia Tech (3/12/19), scoring 15 points with five rebounds and two assists.
- Recorded double figures in back-to-back games for the first time in ACC play at Pittsburgh (3/9/19) by scoring 10 points and matching a career-high with six rebounds.
- Played a career-high 38 minutes against Clemson (3/6/19), scoring 12 points with five rebounds and a steal.
- Stepped up to post his first solid ACC performance with 19 points (17 of them coming in the 2nd half) against NC State (1/19/19), shooting 7-for-10 from the field, grabbing four rebounds and dishing out three assists.
- Joined Nate Laszewski and Prentiss Hubb in the starting lineup against Boston College (1/12/19) – becoming the first trio of true freshmen to start for the Irish since the 1999-2000 season and first trio of true freshman to win in a starting role since LaPhonso Ellis, Elmer Bennett and Keith Tower against Portland on January 9, 1989.
- Scored double figures in back-to-back games for the first time in his career against Coppin State (12/29/18) with 13 points and six rebounds off the bench in a team-high 34 minutes.
- As the Irish continue to look for the right starting lineup combination, responded to coming off the bench against Jacksonville (12/20/18) with a career-high 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting with five rebounds and three assists.
- Earned first career start against Binghamton (12/18/18), playing a career-high 36 minutes and grabbing a career-best six rebounds.
- Made several key plays down the stretch in the victory over Purdue (12/15/18), scoring a career-high 11 points with four rebounds.
- Logged crunch time minutes against Duquesne and was on the floor for Notre Dame’s deciding 13-0 run to seal the victory – contributing a blocked shot, lay up and an assist during the run.
- Came off the bench to play 20 minutes and score 10 points in his Notre Dame debut against UIC (11/6/18).
- Set Upper Arlington career records for points (1,951) and rebounds (817).
- 2018 Ohio Mr. Basketball
- 2018 Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year
- 2018 USA Today Ohio Player of the Year
- 2018 Third-Team USA Today All-American
- A two-time first-team all-state, all-metro and Ohio Capital Conference (OCC) Player of the Year.
- Led Upper Arlington to three OCC championships and two district titles, compiling a 87-15 record with the Golden Bears.
- Honored on the floor of the Ohio state senate on May 16, 2018, for his athletic accomplishments at Upper Arlington.
- Ranked No. 77 on the final ESPN Class of 2018 player rankings.
- Earned three varsity letters in golf at Upper Arlington and was named first-team all-OCC in 2017.
- Son of Danielle and Damon Goodwin, along with brother Grant and sister Addie.
- Father, Damon, is the all-time winningest head coach at Capital University (a Division III school located in the Columbus, Ohio, suburbs), played basketball at the University of Dayton from 1982-83 through 1985-86 and was a seventh-round draft pick of the Phoenix Suns in 1986. Dayton was 1-4 against Notre Dame during Damon Goodwin’s playing time at Dayton.
- Brother, Grant, played college baseball at Division III Wittenburg and graduated in 2013.
- Sisters, Addie, played club volleyball at the University of Dayton and graduated in 2014.
- Enrolled in the First Year of Studies.