2018-19 Men's Basketball Roster
#3 D.J. Harvey
Weight 220 lbs.
Hometown Bowie, MD
High School DeMatha
NEED TO KNOW
- Promising freshman season was cut short by a knee injury suffered in the first half of the home game with Louisville (1/16/18).
- Faces the challenge of recovering from microfracture surgery, but is in contention to return to action in October of 2018.
- When healthy, one of the best athletes on the team capable of scoring at all three levels.
- Injured his left knee in the first half of the game against Louisville (1/16/18), leaving the game after playing just seven minutes.
- Suffered a setback on the road to recovery in practice on Friday, February 16, 2018, in preparation for his return to the lineup against Boston College.
- Had surgery on his left knee in Chicago the week of February 26, 2018, and was sidelined for six to eight months. Preliminary return date set for October 1, 2018.
- Flirted with his first career double-double against North Carolina (1/13/18), finishing with nine points and eight rebounds.
- Overcame a tough shooting day at Syracuse (1/6/18) to grab a career-best nine rebounds while playing a career-high 31 minutes.
- Made his first career start (after the loss of Bonzie Colson due to injury) and responded with a career-high 17 points, three three-point field goals and 30 minutes played in the victory over NC State (1/3/18).
- Hit double-figure scoring for second time during his rookie season against Chaminade (1/29/17) in the Maui Invitational, shooting four-for-five from the field with 12 points and two assists.
- Poured in 16 points in 22 minutes in the victory over Chicago State (11/16/17).
- Made his debut in an Irish uniform in the season-opening victory at DePaul (1/11/17), scoring seven points off the bench.
- Averaged 17.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists during his senior year at DeMatha High School.
- Led DeMatha to 118 wins in his four years at the school, third all-time behind former Pittsburgh guard James Robinson (122) and former Kentucky guard Keith Bogans (120).
- A 2014 and 2015 first-team All-D.C. Metro Selection.
- Ranked as the number one player in the state of Maryland by 24/7 Sports and MaxPreps.
- National player rankings included No. 21 (MaxPreps), No. 43 (SI.com), No. 43 (Scout), No. 44 (24/7 Sports), No. 47 (ESPN) and No. 51 (Rivals).
- Joined former Irish All-American Adrian Dantley as the only DeMatha players to start a varsity game as a true freshman.
- Averaged 15.4 points and 7.0 rebounds during his junior season.
- Continues a strong DeMatha connection to Notre Dame basketball, with Irish head coach Mike Brey, associate head coach Rod Balanis, Jerian Grant (2012-15), Sid Catlett (1968-71), Bob Whitmore (1966-69) and Dantley (1969-70) all playing for the Stags.
- Whitmore was in attendance at DeMatha High School when Harvey signed his letter of intent to enroll at Notre Dame.
- Full name is Darren Scott Harvey.
- Son of Darren and Yelonda Harvey.
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters with a major in film, television and theatre.