AS A Senior (2019-2020):
- Participated in the 1 mtr dive (282.40) against Iowa.
- Participated in the 3 mtr Dive (298.35) in the Shamrock Invitational.
AS A JUNIOR (2018-19):
- ACC team
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18):
• Improved throughout the season and ended on a high note against Ball State and Green Bay, placing second in the 1-meter competition with a season-high score of 262.40 points and second in the 3-meter competition with a career-high score of 316.85 points in that event.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17):
• Placed fifth in the 1-meter event against Georgia Tech with a score of 251.33 points.
• Finished fourth in both the 1-meter (235.80 points) and 3-meter (239.75 points) against Northwestern.
• Came in fifth in the 3-meter competition against Louisville with a score of 266.33 points.
• Placed fifth in the 1-meter (253.80 points) against IUPUI and Indiana State.
• At the Shamrock Invitational, placed fifth in the 1-meter competition with a career-high score of 285.05 points in that event, and fifth in the 3-meter with a season-high score of 300.45 points.
PREP & PERSONAL:
• Graduated from Troy High School in May of 2016.
• Received four varsity letters in diving.
• Was the Diving Freeway League Champion for four consecutive years.
• Competed in the California Interscholastic Federation Southern Section Division 2 all four years and recorded two third place finishes (sophomore and senior year).
• Awarded Most Valuable Diver all four years.
• Named a Scholar Athlete three times.
• Was a member of the Arrow Dive Club and led the team to a qualifying AAU National Championship.
• Is a four-time Junior Olympic National Qualifier.
• Was a member of the National Honor Society.
• Recognized on the Principal’s Honor Roll.
• Honored as a member of the National Hispanic Recognition Program.
• Was an altar server at St. Benedict Church.
• Was a Best Buddies Club Associate Member at Troy.
• Full name is Cristian Gabriel Herrera.
• Born in Montebello, California, to Adolfo and Cynthia Herrera.
• Has one brother, Adolfo.
• Has one sister, Astrid.
• Intends to major in finance.