#13 Colin Theisen
2019-20 AWARDS AND HONORS
- Academic All-Big Ten (May 11)
AS A JUNIOR
- Scored eight goals and recorded 12 assists in 37 games played as a junior.
- Recorded a +4 rating during the 2019-20 season.
- Scored the first goal of the season for the Irish in the season opener against Air Force (Oct. 11).
- Recorded two goals and one assist in a 6-1 victory to secure the season opening sweep against Air Force (Oct. 13), marking his first career three-point game.
- Scored one goal in the 5-4 road victory against #15 Wisconsin (Nov. 16).
- Recorded an assist on both Irish goals in the 3-2 road loss against Michigan State (Nov. 23).
- Scored a goal in the 4-4 tie on the road at #9 Ohio State (Jan. 17).
- Scored a goal and recorded two assists in the 6-4 loss against Wisconsin (Jan. 24), tying his career high with three points and it marked his fifth multi-point game of the season and 10th of his career.
- Scored a goal in the 3-3 tie against Minnesota (Feb. 14).
- Scored a goal in the 3-1 tie against Michigan State (Feb. 28).
2018-19 AWARDS AND HONORS
• Big Ten All-Academic Team
2017-18 AWARDS AND HONORS
• Rookie of the Year (Team Award)
• ACHA All-American Scholar
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Finished tied for second on the Irish with 11 goals, in addition to nine assists, in 2018-19.
• Scored the second goal in Notre Dame’s 3-0 Ice Breaker championship win over then #4/5 Providence (Oct. 13).
• Had a goal in Notre Dame’s 3-2 loss to #2/3 Minnesota Duluth (Oct. 26).
• Notched the second period, game-tying goal in Notre Dame’s 2-1 win over seventh-ranked Ohio State (Nov. 3).
• Scored Notre Dame’s second goal in the 3-0 win over RPI (Dec. 1).
• Scored a power-play goal to help lift Notre Dame to a 4-0 win over Boston College (Dec. 31), marking his first power-play goal of the season.
• Had a third period power-play goal to seal Notre Dame’s 5-2 win over Michigan (Feb. 12).
• Scored a pair of goals, including his first career game winner, in Notre Dame’s 3-2 comeback win at Minnesota (Feb. 22).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 5-4 comeback overtime win against Penn State (March 1).
• Had an assist on Cal Burke’s goal in Notre Dame’s 3-2 win over Penn State in the Big Ten Championship game (March 23).
AS A FRESHMAN
- Scored a goal in his first career game, Notre Dame’s 5-3 season-opening win over Alabama Huntsville (Oct. 6).
- Notched his first career assist in Notre Dame’s game two, 4-0 win over the Chargers (Oct. 7).
- Had a pair of goals, including his first career power-play goal, in Notre Dame’s 5-4 win over Omaha (Oct. 27).
- Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win at #16 Ohio State (Nov. 3).
- Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 3-2 comeback win at 12th-ranked Wisconsin (Dec. 8), marking his first career two-assist game.
- Assisted on Joe Wegwerth’s goal in 4-3 victory over Michigan Tech in NCAA Regional Semifinal.
IN THE USHL
- Joined the Irish after spending the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons with the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the United States Hockey League (USHL).
- In his two years with the Fighting Saints, played in 121 games, and notched 92 points on 52 goals and 40 assists.
- Served as an assistant captain during the 2016-17 season.
- Tied for third in USHL scoring in 2016-17 with 62 points on 35 goals and 27 assists in 57 games.
- His 35 goals ranked second in the league (regular season) and he was named a 2016-2017 USHL Third Team All-Star.
- Earned USHL Forward of the Week honors twice during the 2016-2017 season and finished the season with five game-winning goals and nine power-play tallies.
- Added two goals and three assists in five playoff games in 2016-17 and also served as an alternate captain during his second season with the Fighting Saints.
- In 2015-16, played in 39 regular-season games, scoring 14 goals and adding six assists for 20 points.
- Added four assists in 12 playoff games as the Fighting Saints advanced to the Clark Cup Final.
PREP & PERSONAL
- Graduated from St. Mary Catholic Central High School where he set the Michigan High School Athletics Association lacrosse record for most goals scored in one season (102 goals in 14 games).
- Set the MHSAA record for the second- (15) and third-most (13) most lacrosse goals in a single game.
- Also played for the Compuware and the Victory Honda programs.
- Son of Paul Theisen and Toni Theisen and has an older brother, Isaac.
- Finance major.
Goals: 2 (3x – vs. Air Force 10/13/19)
Assists: 2 (5x – vs. Wisconsin 1/24/20)
Points: 3 (2x – vs. Wisconsin 1/24/20)
Multi-Point Games: 10
Point Streak: 5 games (Oct. 19 – Nov. 3, 2017; 3-4-7)
Most Recent Goal: vs. Michigan State 2/28/20