Fly / IM
As A Junior (2019-20)
- Participated in the 200-yard Medley Relay with Meaghan Lyons, Katie Rentz, and Kelly Jacob (1:50.87). Participated in the 100-yard Backstroke (59.53). Participated in the 200-yard Backstroke (2:07.75) vs. Purdue.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18):
• Finished fourth in the 100 backstroke (:59.78) against Michigan State and No. 5 Texas A&M.
• Against Illinois and Iowa, placed fourth in the 200 backstroke (2:07.17).
• Swam her best at the Ohio State Winter Invite where she won the first race of her college career in the 200 backstroke with a career-best time of 1:59.08, placed second in the 100 backstroke with a career-best time of 54.75, and finished fourth in the 200 IM with a season-best time of 2:04.57.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17):
• Had a third place finish in the 100 backstroke (:59.24) against IUPUI and Indiana State.
• Showed improvement at the end of the season, having best meet at the Ohio State Winter Invite where she placed fourth in the 100 backstroke (:55.77), fifth in the 200 backstroke (2:01.75), fourth in the 100 butterfly (:56.17), and third in the 200 IM (2:06.57) with her top times of the season in each event.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Swam with prep team at Chapel Hill High School and on North Carolina Aquatic Club (NCAC) team all four years of high school.
• With NCAC, named most valuable player four consecutive times and helped team finish second at 2015 Senior National meet.
• As a freshman with prep team, finished third in 100 butterfly and fourth in 200 IM at North Carolina State Championships.
• Improved to state champion in both events as a sophomore.
• Crowned Big 8 Conference, Division 3A Women’s Swimming State Championship MVP for her titles and was recognized as a Scholastic All-American in both events.
• Also recognized as high school swimming All-American.
• As a junior, repeated as 3A state champion in 100 butterfly and 200 IM.
• Voted captain and again earned Scholastic All-American honors.
• As a senior, won 3A state title for third consecutive year in 100 butterfly, finishing fourth in 200 IM.
• Recipient of 3A Women’s Swimming Outstanding Sportsmanship Award.
• Won NCHSAA Performance of the Week Award (Feb. 9, 2016).
• Captained CHHS team for second season and was voted 2016 Big 8 Conference Swimmer of the Year.
• Team finished regular season 9-0 and went on to win conference championship, regional championship and finish second at state championship meets.
• Outside of the pool, volunteers with Special Olympics.
• Also served as a senator in Chapel Hill High School student government, as a senior athlete representative for North Carolina Swimming and as Tiger Roar Advisor, assisting with school spirit club.
• Member of Rho Kappa National History Honors Society and Latin Honors Society.
• Elected Vice President of Chapel Hill High School National Honors Society.
• Biggest athletic thrill to date was representing CHHS and winning individual events at state championship for three years.
• Youngest child of Tracy and Rich DeSelm.
• Has an older brother, Grant.
• Father, Rich, is current head men’s and women’s swimming coach at his alma mater, the University of North Carolina, and served as a U.S. Swimming National Team coach in 2014.
• Grandfather Jack Martin played football and baseball at Kentucky.