2019-20 Baseball Roster
#42 Brooks Coetzee
Weight 190 lbs.
Hometown Mahomet, IL
High School Mahomet-Seymour HS
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2020)*
- Played in all 13 games and made 12 starts during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the year with a .244 average, 11 hits, one home run, six RBI and a team-high 16 runs.
- Set a career high with three RBI, including his first career home run, in the 11-8 win over North Carolina to clinch the series.
- Set a career high with three runs in the 13-5 win over Presbyterian.
- Tied a career high with two hits four times during the season (UAB 2/15, UIW 2/21, PC 2/29 & UNC 3/7).
- Had five games with two or more runs scored.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
FRESHMAN SEASON (2019)
- Played in 20 games and made 13 starts in the outfield during his freshman season
- First career start came in the Swig and Swine Classic against Charleston Southern (3/2)
- Career-high two hits came on the road against No. 12 Clemson (3/16)
- Tallied a career-high two RBI in the series-clinching win over Wake Forest (3/10-2)
- Played summer ball with the Kalamazoo Growlers in the Northwoods League
- Graduated from Mahomet-Seymour High School in May of 2018.
- Earned four varsity letters in baseball, two in basketball and two in football.
- Was a member of National Honor Society and National Spanish Honor Society and was a four-time academic letter winner.
- Was named four-time all-conference, four-time all-area and two-time all-state.
- Hit .475 as a senior, en route to being named unanimous first team all-conference.
- Grew up in South Africa and his first language is Afrikaans.
- Michiel Christiaan Brooks Coetzee III is the son of Brooks and Hannelie Coetzee.